Home Travel Industry Hub

This Express Travel Agent is shaving off her hair

For some women, their hair is a big part of their identity and the idea of shaving off their locks (for non health reasons) is ridiculous. Never gonna happen. Couldn't pay them enough!

For some women, their hair is a big part of their identity and the idea of shaving off their locks (for non health reasons) is ridiculous. Never gonna happen. Couldn’t pay them enough!

But for others, such as Alisha Dopper from Express Travel Group, it’s something they’re happy to do if it’ll help make a difference.

After losing her grandmother to Multiple Myeloma last year, Alisha has decided to take part in this year’s World’s Great Shave, with the hopes of raising some $5,000 for the Leukemia Foundation.

Express Travel Group Alisha with Grandmother

Speaking to KARRYON, the Agency Support Centre Manager said that she wants to do what she can to help find a cure, and hopes more females in the industry will get involved this year.

“I lost my grandmother last year to Multiple Myeloma and would like to do what I can do help find a cure.”

Alisha Dopper, Express Travel Group Agency Support Centre Manager

“I did the shave about 10 years ago and provided I reach my target of $5,000 yes it will ALL be coming off again!”

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.30.12 pm

According to the Leukemia Foundation, blood cancer was estimated as the eighth most commonly diagnosed cancer in 2017, with 2.9 percent of new cancer cases diagnosed as Leukemia.

Funds raised during The World’s Greatest Shave go towards finding a cure for the cancer, which was the cause of nearly 2,570 deaths in Australia last year.

Also taking part in this year’s ‘World’s Greatest Shave’ is KARRYON‘s General Manager, Anthony Valeriano and Scoot’s General Manager, Jared Simcox.

The pair said they too are keen to do what they can to help eradicate the aggressive disease.

Click here to sponsor Alisha and click here to sponsor Anthony & Jared.

READ: Why are travel GM’s shaving off their hair?

Are you or someone you know joining Alisha, Anthony & Jared in the World’s Greatest Shave?