Karryon Luxury Takeover March 2024 side lock up
Karryon Luxury Takeover March 2024 side lock up
Home Travel Industry Hub

KARRYON AWARD WINNER: Meet your favourite BDM: Elizabeth Hutchison, Air NZ

We asked who your favourite BDM was and the majority of you responded with one name - Elizabeth Hutchison - Air New Zealand's Business Development Manager NSW/ACT.

We asked who your favourite BDM was and the majority of you responded with one name – Elizabeth Hutchison – Air New Zealand’s Business Development Manager NSW/ACT.

Elizabeth has been in her BDM role at Air New Zealand for the past 7 and a half years and clearly made waves with travel agents all over Australia.

Not only has she taken out the inaugural KARRYON Travel Award for being the countries Favourite BDM, but her excellent work in the industry was also recognised with an NTIA award for Best Sales Executive in 2016 and 2017.

We had a chat with Elizabeth to find out more about what makes her tick and continually be such an outstanding BDM.

What does winning this KARRYON Award mean to you Elizabeth?

karryon-awards

Well firstly, a massive thank you to KARRYON for organising their inaugural industry awards and to every single person who voted for me.

It is a huge honour to be the winner for the Best BDM category and it means the world to me to have the support of my wonderful agents.

Building strong relationships and being able to make a difference to agents and their clients is what I love the most about my role.

What do you love most about the travel industry?

Webp.net-resizeimage

I love working in a dynamic industry, one that is passionate about providing great experiences for customers.

The best part of the travel industry is the people – my team at Air New Zealand and the agents I have the pleasure to work with every single day.

The travel and famil side of things is definitely an added bonus of our industry.

What is your most memorable travel experience?

Webp.net-resizeimage (1)

My most memorable travel experience was with a famil group to Argentina and visiting Iguazu Falls. The falls provided such breath-taking scenery and the best part was being able to take an exhilarating boat ride under the cascades, getting drenched had never been so much fun.

What do you think the future holds for the travel industry?

Travel Friends Linking Arms

I believe the future of the travel industry is very exciting. New technology advances make it easier to book travel and new innovations will play a big part in providing an even better experience for the customer journey, however, people will always be at the heart of the travel industry and that is what will make it continue to thrive.

Any advice to an individual thinking of joining the industry?

Webp.net-resizeimage (2)

Best advice is to just go for it because you will never look back!

When you start out, take the opportunity to cross train in other areas of the business, step up and go above and beyond to help your client and colleagues.

Find a good mentor, network like crazy whenever you can and enjoy the ride.

NIB-logo

Thanks to our sponsor nib travel insurance.

READ: The KARRYON 2018 AWARDS: All the winners revealed

READ: #travelforlife: Neil Rodgers, Adventure World

READ: #travelforlife: Jared Simcox, GM Scoot Australia

Please join us in congratulating Elizabeth on a job well done!