Empty pixels side lock up
Empty pixels side lock up

Industry HQ

Share this article

MOVERS & SHAKERS: Meet newbies at Hawaii Tourism Oceania, Hilton & Cruiseco

It’s been a big week in the travel industry with people moving up and on from previous positions into new and exciting gigs, we call them our movers & shakers.

It’s been a big week in the travel industry with people moving up and on from previous positions into new and exciting gigs, we call them our movers & shakers.

So, find out who got a new gig this week by checking out this week’s travel industry movers & shakers below or click here to check out last week’s new appointment.

1 . Meet Hawaii Tourism Oceania’s new Country Manager Australia

109_lrg_2017030585425_img

The Walshe Group has welcomed Giselle Radulovic as the new Country Manager Australia for Hawai‘i Tourism Oceania (HTO).

Giselle will be responsible for driving the strategic performance of Hawai‘i within the Australian market, and brings to HTO more than 20 years of experience across the tourism and business events sectors.

Managing Director of The Walshe Group, Jacqui Walshe, said that Giselle’s extensive experience across several highly regarded tourism organisations makes her a valuable addition to the HTO team.

“Giselle’s reputation and expertise as an industry professional precede her, and we’re thrilled to have her join us to lead the HTO team.

“In her role as Country Manager for Australia, she will work closely with our valued stakeholders and partners both in the Australian and Hawaii tourism industries to explore opportunities to continue the upward trajectory Hawai‘i Tourism has enjoyed in the Australian market.

“Her strength in business events and sustainability will complement the HTO team well and give us opportunity to expand our activity in both those areas.”

Her experience spans across a range of strategic marketing and product development positions in both Australia and the United States, and she has also managed a range of projects for major Australia tourism precincts such as The Rocks, Darling Harbour and the Sydney Opera House.

Most recently, Giselle worked as the Director of Marketing and Communications at Canberra Convention Bureau promoting Canberra for international and national business events.

2. Meet Hilton’s new Vice President, Operations, Australasia

Heidi Kunkel - Hilton

Heidi Kunkel has been appointed to the position of vice president, operations, Australasia for Hilton effective from April 4.

Heidi will oversee the operations of Hilton’s 23 trading and 9 pipeline properties and lead the company’s growth strategy across Australia, Fiji, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. She will take over the role from interim incumbent Sean Wooden, who will return to his position as vice president, brand management Asia Pacific.

“With Australasia being a key market for Hilton, I am confident that Heidi is the perfect candidate to leverage its potential and bring us to greater heights. With her at the helm, we will continue to build on our recent successes in Australasia, including our win as one of Australasia’s best companies to work for and the opening of our first Curio Collection property in the region, West Hotel Sydney, Curio Collection by Hilton,” said Alan Watts, area president, Hilton Asia Pacific.

An Australian native, Heidi was most recently CEO New Markets Europe & Africa at Club Med, responsible for over 15 commercial market sources, including the UK, South Europe, and the Middle East. Her leadership contributed to Club Med’s Brand of the Year win at this year’s World Branding Awards, an accolade which recognised the holiday chain’s worldwide achievements. .

Prior to the above role, Heidi also held key leadership positions in Club Med’s commercial offices and resorts, among them being CEO, South East Asia Pacific; President, North East Asia (Korea and Japan); and General Manager for Pacific (based in Sydney).

“I am thrilled to lead Hilton’s operations in Australasia, as the company looks to an even bigger year in 2018. Hilton is renowned for its hospitality and innovation and I look forward to working with the team to further strengthen our position in the region,” Heidi said.

3. Meet SeaLink South Australia’s new Business Development Executive

SALLY

SeaLink South Australia has appointed Sally Zollner as Business Development Executive for its Adelaide Sightseeing and Youth and Adventure brands.

Sally will work closely with clients to promote Adelaide Sightseeing and Kangaroo Island Adventure Tours to South Australian hotels, hostels, information centres the youth market and key agents.

Employed with the SeaLink Travel Group as a Sales Consultant for over 8 years, Sally has worked in various areas of the reservations department and will bring to her new role an enormous amount of experience across SeaLink’s full product range.

Sally has been enjoying her new role and promoting her much-loved South Australia.

“I have a passion for South Australian and all the amazing places and activities it has to offer, and one of my favourite things about my new role is I’m able to promote what I enjoy and love.” Says Sally.

“I’m a highly motivated and enthusiastic person and I can’t wait to set myself new goals and hopefully achieve fantastic growth in sales for Adelaide Sightseeing Tours and Kangaroo Island Adventure Tours.” Continues Sally.

Adelaide Sightseeing Tours offer touring options to many popular South Australian regions including the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills, Victor Harbor and Kangaroo Island.

Kangaroo Island Adventure Tours offer a one-night Kangaroo Island Wilderness Explorer Tour, ideal for spirited travellers who like the intimacy of small groups and getting off the beaten track.

SeaLink Travel Group’s National Business Development Manager, Andy Meikle, welcomes Sally to the team and looks forward to working with her.

“I’m delighted to welcome Sally to her new role within the SeaLink South Australian team. Sally brings to the role a wealth of skill, experience and knowledge, which will be a great asset to the company.”

4. Meet Cruiseco new General Manager Product and Marketing

Cruiseco is pleased to announce the appointment of Adam Vance to the newly created role of General Manager Product and Marketing, effective immediately.

“Adam brings a wealth of experience from Member organisations NRMA and Travelscene American Express and will be an integral part of driving the growth and transformation of Cruiseco” said Amanda McClelland, CEO of Cruiseco .

“Adam was most recently Regional Marketing Manager for Etihad Airways, responsible for Australia and Asia Pacific and joins Cruiseco at a time of unprecedented growth within the cruising industry across the region”