Empty pixels side lock up
Empty pixels side lock up

Industry HQ

Share this article

NEW AUSTRALIAN MD: Travel Counsellors farewells Fred & welcomes Kaylene

Meet Travel Counsellors Australia's new Regional Managing Director Kaylene Shuttlewood.

Meet Travel Counsellors Australia’s new Regional Managing Director Kaylene Shuttlewood.

new

Kaylene joins with over 25 years of international and Australian travel industry experience, holding a number of senior leadership roles across multiple markets, most recently as Managing Director for Travelport Australia, New Zealand & Pacific Islands.

She will step into the role following a year’s secondment by Acting Managing Director Fred Van Eijk, who will return to oversee the Travel Counsellors’ Netherlands and Belgium operations.

“We have invested considerable time looking for the right individual with the exceptional leadership skills, global experience, values and proven track required to lead Travel Counsellors in Australia and the Region.”

Travel Counsellors Global CEO Steve Byrne

Steve also commends her market knowledge and insight, international commercial experience and understanding of technology and other trends on a global level.

As part of the global leadership team, Kaylene will spearhead the company’s ambitious growth plans in Australia and the Region.

She will join the support team in the Melbourne-based head office in April, with Fred remaining in the Australia business working alongside Kaylene until mid-May.

Her responsibilities will include maximising future growth opportunities across all areas of the business. Having held senior positions in the UK, Australia and USA, Kaylene’s previous roles include Head of Affiliate at Helloworld Ltd and Director of Air Product for Stella Travel Group, and General Manager Air Tickets.

“I am delighted to be joining Travel Counsellors at what is a very exciting time for the business, bringing my experience and knowledge to the table and adding to the fantastic support network in our Australian office.”

Kaylene Shuttlewood

“I believe in the Company’s culture and that its technology enabled, relationship based business model, with a focus on caring for its travel counsellors who in turn care for their customers, has unlimited potential in Australia,” she says.

“I am so excited to be part of the team, to be able to build upon what has already been achieved” in Australia and deliver the significant potential there is for the Company in the Region”.

Join us in welcoming Kaylene.