It’s not Santa who can bring your clients what they want for the new year, it’s you! And Intrepid Travel, world leaders in responsible travel, know just what that is, with their release of passenger travel trends for the year ahead, along with over 100 new travel experiences to match them!
Alongside getting you prepped for the year ahead with intel and insights, Intrepid Travel also recently launched their 2024 trips and experiences. It’s chockful of new adventures (over 100!). Anyone would think they want you to help your clients have amazing trips next year, right?
So, what do you need to know to smash the year ahead? Here’s the tea on the Intrepid trends and new tours to meet them:
#4 Leave a smaller carbon footprint
Intrepid’s new research revealed that one in two adults are willing to change their travel plans if they know an alternative way to reduce their carbon footprint. This is great news, as it helps you influence the impact your clients make on the planet.
To continue decarbonizing travel, Intrepid has redesigned itineraries to have 4,000 fewer flights for 2024. Yes, 4,000! They also have plans to reveal the total carbon footprint of over 500 tours as part of a new carbon labelling initiative. This is just the level of support you can use to your advantage in helping your clients leave a smaller carbon footprint.
- 10-Day Real Borneo This newly imagined low-carbon itinerary tours travellers by van from Borneo’s rainforests to mountains. Across Sabah, your clients will discover orangutans, elephants, foxes, and bears. Plus, they’ll snorkel, trek, and stay in a range of accommodation offerings. The untouched oasis of Pandan Island and its vibrant coral reefs and marine life will be a trip highlight. From $1580*.
#3 See more of Europe & South Korea
In 2023, Intrepid saw a rise in travellers keen to explore Europe. Italy, Croatia, Greece, Iceland, and Spain were among their most popular destinations. South Korea also captured attention, leading to three new trips.
- 8-Day Greece Sailing Adventure: Kefalonia to Corfu Embark from Kefalonia on a serene sail to discover secluded coastlines, private islands, lush hills, historic Venetian architecture, inviting tavernas, and crystal-clear azure waters, leading you to the stunning Isle of Corfu. This new trip starts from $2,945*.
- 9-Day Essential South Korea for 18-29s The world has woken up to the melting pot of natural wonders, mesmerising cityscapes, and culinary delights that await in South Korea. On this new trip for 2024, your Millennial and Gen Z clients will take in the highlights, including Korea’s Demilitarised Zone, famous K-pop filming locations, and a night in a traditional Hanok House. And Korean barbeque, of course! From $3,165*.
#2 Engage in unique & immersive cultural experiences
Amid the chaos, travellers are yearning for more meaningful, experience-rich moments. With over 60 new global experiences added to their line-up, Intrepid delivers. This includes nine new First Nations Experiences!
- Guided Aboriginal walk Tjoritja / West MacDonnell National Park On the new 4-Day Best of Uluru & Kings Canyon your clients will learn about the importance of the great Tjunba (perentie) totem that protects spiritually significant Simpson’s Gap. From $2,560*.
- Chocolate-making with the Terraba community Sign up to indulge in a hands-on chocolate-making class with the Indigenous Terraba community in Costa Rica. The new 14-Day Best of Costa Rica Family Holiday is from $5,150*.
- Camp at the Black Mambas HQ How amazing does camping with an anti-poaching unit just outside Kruger National Park sound? This new experience is on Intrepid’s 8-Day Kruger to Vic Falls where guests join young African women who make up the unit on bush walks and for campfire stories. From $3,010*.
#1 Shift to the shoulder season
As extreme heat and overtourism become unavoidable, Intrepid has seen a major increase in off-season travel. They’ve expanded their shoulder season departures in top destinations, as well as introducing new winter European offerings to meet this demand.
- 5-Day Iceland’s Classic Northern Lights Mother Nature’s most spectacular display, the aurora borealis or Northern Lights, is a desirable destination for almost every traveller. On Intrepid’s new tour, your clients will experience the highlights of Iceland’s Golden Circle. This includes geothermal soaks, standing in the spray of mighty waterfalls, and strapping on crampons to hike the Solheimajokull Glacier. From $3,175*.
Discover Intrepid’s new adventures for yourself
To celebrate their new trips and experiences for 2024, Intrepid recently added five new trips to their ‘Sell 10, Get 1 Free’ agent incentive.
In short, sell 10 Intrepid trips and experience a small group adventure yourself!
To learn more or for more client inspo, head to Intrepid’s Agent Hub.
For Intrepid’s full list of offerings, visit intrepidtravel.com.au.
*Price is subject to availability and change without notice. Please see intrepidtravel.com/booking-conditions for full terms & conditions.
This article is brought to you by:
Share this story