When ClubMed called asking us if we’d like to join a group of VIP agents heading over to their exclusive luxe isle in the Maldives, let’s just say that the whole street must have heard our instant “YASSSS!” response.

So, this week – the trip is finally here! And it’s lucky old me joining this incentive winning group of superstar agents to check out all of the hospitality ClubMed is so revered for, in and amongst the insta famous turquoise playground that is… THE MALDIVES!

I’m writing this at 35,000 feet on my way to Malé Airport from Brisbane flying Singapore Airlines on one of their shiny new A350/900’s and yes, with a big cheesy grin on my face. “Is this actually happening?”

I left Brisbane at 9 am this morning on a seven-and-a-half-hour flight to Changi which then connects through to Malé (another four-and-a-half-hour flight with Silk Air/SQ codeshare).

From Malé airport itself, it’s a thirty-five-minute speedboat ride which means I’ll arrive at the tiny isle of Kani around 11 pm tonight local time (0530 Tuesday AEST).

If you need us, this is where we'll be...

If you need us, this is where we’ll be… ClubMed Kani.

Over the next few uber relaxing days, thirteen agents and I will get to experience the ultimate dream of staying at both the all-inclusive ClubMed Kani and the esteemed over water luxe bungalows and island Caye that houses The stunning Finolhu Villas.

Both resorts sit on their own private islands and beaches with the balmy Indian Ocean literally on your door (or deck) step, teeming with marine life.

We’ll also get to explore and discover many of the inclusive ClubMed activities and spoiling on offer including Snorkelling and Diving, SUP, Sailing, Kayaking, Yoga & Pilates, the numerous resort eco-projects and of course the spa.

Then there’s Rumba, Zumba, Salsa, Meditation, Aqua Gym… The list goes on.

ClubMed Finholu Villas

ClubMed Finolhu Villas

All of the lucky agents who qualified for this VIP trip are top ClubMed ambassadors (and clearly serious sales hustlers!) who are not surprisingly, extremely excited about the next few days. Who could blame them…?!

Here are some of the trip winning agents’ pre-trip thoughts.

“BRING ON THE REAL THING!”

ClubMed Kani

“Can’t wait to walk barefoot on the white powder sand, do some snorkelling and enjoy a drink or two. Both resorts look amazing in print, so I am really looking forward to seeing them live! Can’t wait to see the different room types and try the restaurants and pools at both Kani and Finolhu Villas.”
Marcelo Buccella, Director, Travel Extra, SA

“READY TO BE IMPRESSED…”

ClubMed Kani

“My last time to Club Med Kani was sixteen years ago, so I am extremely excited to see how the resort has changed since then, and also to experience the stunning Finolhu Villas. I’m eager to see Club Med Kani become the Maldives resort of choice for families, so to be able to see the activities and rooming options is helpful. I imagine the highlight of the trip may be experiencing the Finolhu Villas though. They look utterly picturesque, and I’m sure will be even more impressive in real life.”

Jean Summers, Globenet Travel, QLD

“WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES”

“How lucky are we to be able to experience both properties in a truly magical part of the world with a fabulous company? The ability to not think once you arrive and have it all included at ClubMed is such a bonus and is what our clients enjoy most about the Club Med way – it’s just a fabulous way to holiday.”
Giselle Pennington, Spencer Travel, NSW

“LIVIN’ THE CLUBMED MAGIC”

ClubMed Finolhu Villas

“I’m super excited to be able to reward these amazing agents who had given their support to us in 2018 and helped Club Med Pacific to its most successful year since 2012 when we still had a domestic resort. I hope the agents enjoy a few days of seeing the product that they sell and see for themselves what it is that brings their clients back to Club Med again and again.”
Tony Soden (Head of Sales at Club Med)

Over the next few days, we’re going to be asking all of the agents to share their insights on ClubMed Kani and Finolhu Villas and how they can help you share the experience with your clients.

I’ve never been to the Maldives nor stayed at a ClubMed before so it’s going to be a big learning for me too and I can’t wait. Stay tuned for updates, photos and video through the week on KARRYON and our Facebook page, LIVE from the Maldives.

Have you been to ClubMed Kani or Finolhu Villas in the Maldives before? Share your thoughts below.