Karryon Luxury Takeover March 2024 side lock up
Karryon Luxury Takeover March 2024 side lock up
Home Travel Industry Hub

Getting to Know Christine Gardiner from Lindblad Expeditions

Lindblad's Business Development Manager, Christine Gardiner, talks to KarryOn about her transition from working as a 'dresser' for the Opera to create incredible experiences at cruise line.

Lindblad’s Business Development Manager, Christine Gardiner, talks to KarryOn about her transition from working as a ‘dresser’ for the Opera to create incredible experiences at cruise line.

1. How long have you been in the industry?

1988 – Working for EastWest Airlines, I still see some of my past colleagues as they are still in the industry.

2. What’s your most amazing travel experience?

A recent voyage travelling on Lindblad Expeditions to Europe ticked all of the boxes for me, the education element, the fun and adventure element – travelling down canals in zodiacs and the dedicated team made for an exclusive special experience.

3. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever done?

Working as a dresser for the Opera at the Sydney Opera House, squeezing the singers into the corsets was hard work!

4. First ever country you travelled to?

Lived and worked in London for two years where I met some amazing people, especially while working in Harrods.

5. Wishlist of places yet to visit?

In 2016 my goal would be to visit Vanuatu, Hawaii, however keen to experience Spain and Portugal, Norway and New York in the next couple of years.

6. Who was your biggest mentor growing up?

I’ve had a few people along the way who have given me pearls of wisdom which have influenced me.

7. How has working in travel changed you?

Meeting like-minded people with interesting stories and travelling to some wonderful destinations. It makes me feel very privileged to be part of a fun and happy industry where we all are working to a common goal of creating the right holidays for travellers.

8. What’s your biggest life achievement to date?

Juggling house, husband, travel, work, two cats, two kids and a vege garden!

9. What’s one in-flight travel tip?

To help minimise jetlag, change your watch to your destination time and settle in.

10. What advice would you give an industry newbie?

Enjoy the opportunities and work for a company which has good values.

Have a question for Christine? Leave it below and we’ll get you the answer.

time_KarryOn

Getting to Know You is our good will gesture to promote the TIME program. The TIME program is focused on a Mentor/Mentee relationship that is ‘mentee-driven’. Mentors are drawn from the senior ranks of the industry and have generously volunteered their time and energy to the mentor process. They are matched to Mentees on the basis of non-conflicting business skills and experience that enables them to offer advice and perspective to the Mentee. The role of the Mentor is to hold their Mentee accountable and to offer challenging ideas that will inspire the Mentee, helping to building the individuals self confidence through praise, encouragement and constructive feedback.

If you are interested in joining TIME as a mentor or mentee visit their website