Getting To Know You

Share this article

Getting to know Graciela Craig from TravelManagers

TravelManagers’ National Recruitment Executive Graciela Craig talks about her roots as an agent and her most memorable holiday experience.

TravelManagers’ National Recruitment Executive Graciela Craig talks about her roots as an agent and her most memorable holiday experience.

1. How long have you been in the industry?

I have been around for 34 years! (yes I started in Kindergarten!).  Travel consultant for McGann Travel Centre Hurstville NSW

2. What was your most amazing travel experience?

I would have to pick Perito Moreno Glacier, El Calafate, Argentina.  I am normally a beach holiday traveller, but this totally blew me away.

3. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?

Delivering milk! My brothers used to own a milk run.

4. What was the first ever country you travelled to?

Australia, as I was born overseas. First holiday was USA.

5. What’s your wish list of places yet to visit?

Turkey, Egypt, and many many more!

6. Who was your biggest mentor/influence growing up?

Besides my mum and dad who are my heroes for leaving behind their homeland and start again in Australia, I would have to say Jeannie McGann, the owner of the agency I worked for.  I was very young and she taught me everything there is to know to become great travel consultant.

7. How has working in travel changed you?

It has been an amazing journey for me, I love to learn about different cultures and customs. The travel industry is forever changing and this forces you out of your comfort zone and enjoy the ride.

8. What’s your biggest life achievement to date?

I have to say my children, but travelling to the 5 continents comes a very close second!

9. What’s your number one in-flight travel tip?

Two words – “sleeping pills”.

10. And one tip you for new cruisers?

If you start to feel seasick, don’t wait go and have the injection asap, that way you will enjoy your cruise to the max.

11. What advice would you an industry newbie?

Sometimes the passion for travel is not enough, you also need to have the patience and have the knack to transcend your experience and knowledge to others.

Have a question for Graciela? Leave it below and we’ll get you the answer.

time_KarryOn

Getting to Know You is our good will gesture to promote the TIME program. The TIME program is focused on a Mentor/Mentee relationship that is ‘mentee-driven’. Mentors are drawn from the senior ranks of the industry and have generously volunteered their time and energy to the mentor process. They are matched to Mentees on the basis of non-conflicting business skills and experience that enables them to offer advice and perspective to the Mentee. The role of the Mentor is to hold their Mentee accountable and to offer challenging ideas that will inspire the Mentee, helping to building the individuals self confidence through praise, encouragement and constructive feedback.

If you are interested in joining TIME as a mentor or mentee visit their website