Getting To Know You

Share this article

Getting to know Jodie Gonzales, AE Global Business Travel

This week we get to know Jodie Gonzales, Travel Consultant at American Express Global Business Travel. 

This week we get to know Jodie Gonzales, Travel Consultant at American Express Global Business Travel. 

1. How long have you been in the Industry?

I have been in the Travel Industry on and off for a total of 12 years

2. What’s your most amazing travel experience?

Wow! I have had so many!  Most recently I took a family Holiday to Tangalooma Wild Dolphin resort and was able to feed the Dolphins which was just so incredible.

3. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever done?

Working as a Personal Assistant for a well known Australian (now somewhat of a Celebrity). There were some weird and wonderful demands!

4. First ever country you travelled to?

The first country I ever travelled to was to visit family in Canada at the tender age of 3months.

5. Wishlist of places yet to visit?

My dream is to visit all Seven Wonders of the World.

6. Who was your biggest mentor growing up?

My Dad! He is the most dedicated hardworking person I know or have come across.  He inspired an excellent work ethic in me from a young age and continues to inspire me on a daily basis.

7. How has working in travel changed you?

Working in travel, I have been lucky enough to learn so much about different destinations and met people for all over the world and different walks of life.

It has it taught me that people are fundamentally the same at heart, and to treat them as you would like to be treated as a Customer yourself.

8. What’s your biggest life achievement to date?

Being a single mum to two Beautiful children, Jakson 9yrs and Brianna 5yrs.

9. What’s one in-flight travel tip?

Be prepared, I always travel with the necessities in my carry on, including a change of clothes, in case of in flight meal mishaps or luggage not arriving.

10. What advice would you give someone starting out in the travel Industry?

To work in the travel management Industry, you need to be able to think outside the box, have excellent communication and organizational skills, and most of all you need to have that drive to constantly go above and beyond for your customers and exceed their expectations. Consistently demonstrating these qualities will ultimately drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.

time_KarryOn

Getting to Know You is our good will gesture to promote the TIME program.  The TIME program is focused on a Mentor/Mentee relationship that is ‘mentee-driven’. Mentors are drawn from the senior ranks of the industry and have generously volunteered their time and energy to the mentor process. They are matched to Mentees on the basis of non-conflicting business skills and experience that enables them to offer advice and perspective to the Mentee. The role of the Mentor is to hold their Mentee accountable and to offer challenging ideas that will inspire the Mentee, helping to building the individuals self confidence through praise, encouragement and constructive feedback.

If you are interested in joining TIME as a mentor or mentee visit their website