Getting To Know You

Share this article

Getting to know Kellie Browning from TravelManagers

TravelManagers' Business Partnership Manager from Victoria talks about that time she felt on-top of the world and shares a unique flight tip.

TravelManagers’ Business Partnership Manager from Victoria talks about that time she felt on-top of the world and shares a unique flight tip.

1. How long have you been in the industry?

I have been in travel industry 29 years – the big 30 next year.. My first job was at Wandana Travel in St Kilda Rd Melbourne.

2. What is one of your most amazing travel experience?

Nepal – trekking to Everest Base Camp – feeling on top of the world.

3. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever done?

Not so much weird but gave me grounding for absolutely anything – as a teenager working at my parents pet shop mucking out cages.

4. First country you ever travelled to?

When I was 11 I travelled to the west coast of America and my feet have been itchy ever since.

5. Wishlist of places yet to visit?

South America/New York/Russia and so many more.

6. Who was your biggest mentor growing up?

My Dad – I am now reeling off his quotes to my kids on a regular basis.

7. How has working in travel changed you?

Working in travel hasn’t changed me as it’s what I have always done, in saying that I feel I’m learning every day as it’s a forever changing industry.

8. What’s your biggest life achievement to date?

No doubt my family – married for 22 years with two amazing teenage boys.

9. What’s one in-flight travel tip?

When boarding ask the flight crew where the empty seats are, soon as doors are closed jump into the empty seats and use the time to chill out, watch a flick or read a book.

10. And one tip you for new cruisers?

Diet before you go the food is endless

10. What advice would you give an industry newcomer?

Working in travel allows you the privilege of making people’s dreams become a reality, that one in a life time holiday that you researched planned and created.

Travel is all about people connecting, new experiences and creating memories, you must enjoy what you do on a daily basis, learn on a daily basis, connect on a daily basis and respect the trust people have instilled in you.

Have a question for Kellie? Leave it below and we’ll get you the answer.

time_KarryOn

Getting to Know You is our good will gesture to promote the TIME program. The TIME program is focused on a Mentor/Mentee relationship that is ‘mentee-driven’. Mentors are drawn from the senior ranks of the industry and have generously volunteered their time and energy to the mentor process. They are matched to Mentees on the basis of non-conflicting business skills and experience that enables them to offer advice and perspective to the Mentee. The role of the Mentor is to hold their Mentee accountable and to offer challenging ideas that will inspire the Mentee, helping to building the individuals self confidence through praise, encouragement and constructive feedback.

If you are interested in joining TIME as a mentor or mentee visit their website