Getting To Know You

Share this article

#travelforlife: TravelEdge CEO is taking part in this year's Vinnies CEO sleep out

When Kim Wethmar wakes on 21 June, the TravelEdge CEO will take a few extra minutes to savour the warmth of her bed before bouncing out to start the day.

When Kim Wethmar wakes on 21 June, the TravelEdge CEO will take a few extra minutes to savour the warmth of her bed before bouncing out to start the day.

That’s because she will spend the next night sleeping outside in the wintertime chill participating in Vinnies CEO Sleepout www.ceosleepout.org.au which is the annual charity event that sees Australia’s business leaders giving up the comforts of home to raise money for those without a place to live.

Screen Shot 2018 06 05 at 12.11.09 pm

It will be Kim’s third go sleeping rough on one of the year’s longest and coldest nights and after raising $2735 in 2016, and $2229 last year, she’s aiming to break the $5000 barrier in 2018 explaining she participates because everyone deserves a safe place to call home.

“On June 21 I will be giving up the warmth of my home and comfort of my bed to spend a night outside in the cold sleeping rough,’’

Kim explains on her Vinnies CEO Sleepout donation page www.ceosleepout.org.au/fundraisers/kim-wethmar

“Why am I doing this? Because there are over 105,000 Aussies experiencing homelessness on any given night (and) while I cannot compare my one night I can certainly do everything in my power to raise awareness and funds for this worthy cause”.

Donations will allow Vinnies to support people experiencing homelessness through crisis accommodation, domestic violence support, access to counselling, and legal advice.

Screen Shot 2018 06 05 at 12.10.31 pm

TravelEdge is well known for supporting community programs that benefit social services and this year is significant because CFO Gordon Timm is sharing the role and also representing the corporate travel agency on June 21.

Kim’s whole team is getting behind its much-loved boss who is renowned for forging equality and creating opportunities for people by hosting fundraising activities including an office competition to guess the number of jelly beans in a jar.

Chris Lolly Jar Winner

Chris – Lolly Jar Winner

While the TravelEdge boss has set a high fundraising target even the smallest donation helps Vinnies assist people struggling in communities right around Australia and a $5 donation feeds a family for a day while $105 covers a night of emergency accommodation for a clan in crisis.

Screen Shot 2018 06 05 at 12.22.48 pm

Vinnies CEO Sleepouts are scheduled in settlements along the east coast, from Launceston and Geelong to the Gold Coast and Brisbane, and Kim will be taking part in the Sydney event which is the country’s largest with participants challenged to contribute $2.2 million to this year’s national target of $6.4 million.

Click here www.ceosleepout.org.au/fundraisers/kim-wethmar to visit Kim’s donation page.

If you want to work for one of the greatest companies in the industry, check out their available positions.

Read: GET EXCITED: Incentive Travel, Group Conferences and that’s just the start

Read: DELIVER BRILLIANCE: Multi-skilled corporate travel consultants who shine