If you have a passion for both marketing and travel, are an analytical yet creative thinker, possess a desire to continually learn and grow, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment, this role, available from January 2022, could be the dream gig for you.
Viking is the world’s leading small-ship cruise operator setting the benchmark for excellence across river, ocean and expedition cruising.
They are now looking for an experienced communicator, with a minimum of seven years’ experience, to own the creation, execution and performance of a multi-channel communication strategy.
Based in Sydney, this hands-on role requires a candidate who is comfortable creating content across the sales funnel, from awareness to conversion.
A creative thinker with an innate sense of curiosity to drive a sophisticated strategy that successfully influences their target customer. A well-rounded individual who thoroughly understands the nuances of each marketing channel and is able to tailor messaging, writing style and content format accordingly.
This is an opportunity to join a recognised industry leader and be part of a dynamic and professional team.
This position comes with a competitive salary package, fantastic industry perks and valuable health benefits.
Your responsibilities will include
- Develop and own the creation of a multi-channel content strategy channels that maximises all new and existing global creative assets, local media coverage and positive PPAX/media/travel agent testimonials
- Work closely with the marketing team to implement the content strategy through owned and earned channels
- Copywriting from campaign messaging, e-books, guest communications and product brochures to short form content such as Facebook posts, landing pages and eDMs
- Proofreading and editing
- Acting as brand custodian to ensure brand language and creative guidelines are always adhered to
- Own the creation of quarterly Viking Explorer Society magazine
- Plan video shoots including content development, production schedules, ship liaison and travel, and managing all aspects of on board and on shore filming
- Develop and own a proactive press release schedule promoting global and local news to trade and consumer media
- Draft and distribute all trade and consumer press releases to relevant media
- Proactive pitching of on-brand story ideas to key top tier media
- Coordinate media famil program
- Oversee the coordination of all media events
Required Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as communications, PR or journalism
- Previous experience in developing exceptional communication strategies and writing for different marketing channels
- Strong commercial outlook with an analytical mind, always looking to improve
- Extremely well-organised with strong project-management skills
- Ability to multitask and work to multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of English and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An innate sense of curiosity and a thirst for knowledge
- An analytical yet creative thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership of projects from start to completion
- Strong decision-making skills and is not afraid to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive relationships and work well within a team
- Competent at stakeholder management and able to effectively communicate with staff at different levels
- Attention to detail and can ensure the accuracy of work
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and able to adapt quickly to business needs
- Ability to manage and deliver to tight budgets
- Self-motivated with a desire to continually learn and grow
- A demonstrated strong work ethic with a can-do attitude
- A forward-thinking leader that can motivate, manage and inspire a team
- Experience in Microsoft Office
Desired skills and experience
- Understanding of the travel industry
- Agency experience
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary package
- Fantastic industry benefits such as reduced cruise rates and occasional familiarisations
- Health benefits — Viking will contribute to your individual private health insurance
- A supportive environment that encourages learning, while working alongside a fun, friendly team
- Viking has a beautiful, modern office based in Surry Hills, close to Central Station
- Knowing that you are employed by an award-winning cruise company that is a true leader in the cruise travel industry at a global level
Viking is recognised as the world’s leading river cruise line, and with the launch of its ocean fleet in 2015, the company has now also become the leader in small-ship ocean cruising.
From Europe and Africa to Asia and the Americas, Viking provides destination-focused itineraries designed for experienced travellers who have a keen interest in history, culture and geography.
The pandemic has not stopped Viking expanding its fleet and investing in the future of cruising. Eight new ships are currently being built and will launch over the next two years. So as the Australian cruise industry plans for the reopening of borders and pent up demand for product; there has never been a more exciting time to join this sector of the travel industry.
Viking’s head office is based in Los Angeles, with sales and marketing offices in London and Sydney, and operational offices all over the world.
Sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] telling them Karryon sent you.
Applications close 4 October 2021.
This article was brought to you by:
Share this story