Do you have a passion for the U.S., a proven track records in sales, marketing or account management, and 4+ years’ experience in the tourism industry? If that’s a yes, yes, and heck yes, you’ll love the hot news that GTI is hiring a Trade Account Director to look after their Santa Monica and Park City accounts (swoon)! And we’ve got all the deets!
Industry faves, GTI, are seeking a Trade Account Director to represent beach and snow in the U.S., namely the beloved Santa Monica and Park City destinations! Representing these accounts in the Australian market, you’ll work closely with trade partners to drive awareness and visitation.
Roles this exciting rarely come along so read on to see if you’re the beach-n-snow lovin’ tourism powerhouse GTI is looking for.
GTI is an award-winning, destination marketing agency, specialising in travel and tourism. With a dreamy client list of international destinations, hotels, and airlines, and a reputation for a fun working environment, this is a fab role to snag.
You’ll be in with a shot if you’re smart, savvy, high-performing, and outgoing. You’ll love working in a vibrant, fast-paced agency environment and be adept at building relationships and managing cooperative campaigns with various industry stakeholders.
GTI’s ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years’ experience in the tourism industry. Is that you?
About the role
For this role, you’ll need to confidently be able to:
- Build and develop hotel and experience relationships in Santa Monica and Park City, becoming the Australian destination expert
- Keep your destination partners up-to-date with Australian market intel
- Be a natural leader and confident communicator, managing client and industry relations
- Stay abreast of tourism industry news, campaign performance and monthly activity reporting
- Plan and manage direct-to-consumer marketing projects, including proposals, asset collation, copy writing, comms, and campaign reports
- Marketing campaign implementation
- Manage cooperative marketing campaigns in partnership with travel retailers and tour operators
Sales and trade marketing and training:
- Prepare and conduct training sessions with reservations staff and frontline agents
- Keep wholesalers and retailers abreast of destination news and developments
- Write trade e-newsletter copy and prepare assets
- Coordinate and attend industry and travel expos, where required
- Build relationships with senior managers across the industry, sharing key industry developments with partners
Event management and sales missions:
- Manage integrated events and activations, sales missions, like SXSW Sydney activations
- Coordinate, attend, and confidently sell Santa Monica and Park City at consumer and trade shows and activations
Maintain industry relationships and contacts:
- Maintain and develop existing industry relationships for co-op activity and product offering
- Proactively identify and target new industry contacts to increase destination exposure
Agent famil trips & events:
- Prepare travel trade famil itineraries, and host as required
- Coordinate attendance at in-destination events such as IPW and host as required
- Gather post-event/famil feedback to present to clients
- Fulfil sustainability plan actions allocated to you
- Be a fantastic ambassador for GTI
- Be innovative, incredibly organised, and a great team player
Skills, knowledge & experience
This role would suit someone who:
- Has in-depth knowledge of the tourism industry
- Has excellent interpersonal and communications skills for all levels
- Has excellent written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Is confident communicator with strong presentation skills
- Has strong work ethic and willingness to work flexible hours
- Able to travel internationally as required for trade shows, events, famils, etc.
- Is highly organised with strong time and workload management skills
- Is energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about travel marketing
- Ideally has snow experience and understands the ski and luxury travel landscape
What else is important?
- GTI are looking for someone to fit their vibrant, fun, and client-service-oriented team culture. They loves tourism’ fast paced nature and flexing to suit project briefs, always focusing on their clients
- You’ll be professional, warm, friendly, and passionate about doing a brilliant job
- The opportunity to regularly travel internationally and domestically will excite you
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. GTI has confirmed the closing date is 15 Sept, however have let us know that an appointment may be made sooner for the right applicant. Therefore, apply ASAP!
This article was brought to you by:
Share this story