We’re on the lookout for experienced freelance digital writers who love all things travel and wish to join our growing and remote global team.
As a 7-year-old boutique publisher, KARRYON.COM.AU is proud to be recognised as Australia’s #1 digital travel trade community, producing quality news and feature editorial, social and branded content as well as multi-channel campaigns for our industry-leading and much-loved travel partners.
We are also proud to own and run www.traveltochangetheworld.com.au which is our recently launched sustainable and responsible travel platform.
We’re looking for experienced and dedicated digital writers with an edge to join our team and work with us on feature and native/sponsored content as well as trip assignments.
Sound like you? Read on.
What’s the gig?
To join us, you’ll need to be a highly organised and exceptional writer who is driven by creating engaging editorial that drives results for our publications and partners.
You’ll have a minimum of 2+ years of writing experience for digital publications with knowledge and experience of working on travel brands or lifestyle publications.
You should be based in Australia, New Zealand or the U.K but we’re totally happy to work with you on your travels too.
The skills you’ll have in your bag of tricks;
- Experience in writing short form, punchy editorial for travel, lifestyle or youth-culture publications
- Experience in creating and writing native sponsored content that meets partner objectives
- Ability to bring humour and edge to your style of writing
- Ability to craft eye-grabbing headlines
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and use of keywords in editorial
- User-based knowledge of WordPress
- Detail-oriented and deadline focused, with a get-things-done attitude
- Own social media presence
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Personal love, pride and passion for what you do
- Happy to work fast and flexibly from wherever you are
- Travel and life experience to share
- Photography skills advantageous
- Freelance – Hourly or per piece rate
To apply, please email your resume, work examples, rate and availability to [email protected]
And please, no recruitment agencies or calls. Thanks.
Share this story