Industry HQ

Share this article

TravelGiver celebrates a successful first year

TravelGiver, the socially conscious travel site is celebrating a successful year in business.

TravelGiver, the socially conscious travel site is celebrating a successful year in business.

One year on from its launch, socially conscious travel site TravelGiver is celebrating a hugely successful first year with the announcement of a raft of new travel partners and charity projects, a corporate program for businesses of all sizes and a swanky new website launching this week to make booking even easier.

How does it work?

TravelGiver is a one-stop-travel-shop for socially conscious travellers, allowing them to donate up to eight per cent of their booking to community projects worldwide at no extra cost. Users simply log on, choose a booking agent and select from one of hundreds of ethical grass roots initiatives worldwide that assist communities in need. The donation is then made automatically.

Since its official launch in August 2013, TravelGiver has helped hundreds of travellers book anything from local flights to international holidays and has expanded from 40 projects in four countries to over 300 in 50 countries, giving travellers a greater choice of where their money goes. The site has also become a platform for travellers to share experiences and find projects to visit when overseas.

TravelGiver_KarryOn

TravelGiver Celebrates 1st Birthday with New Booking Partners, Charity Projects and Website

This month, 15 new booking partners including major travel brands Etihad, Booking.com, Intrepid Travel and Hertz will be joining existing partners including Expedia, Lonely Planet, Zuji, Best Western and Accor, giving users access to not just flights and accommodation, but also cruises, packages, car rental, travel insurance and guides all over the world.

For business travellers, a new corporate program has been added, helping businesses that book their own travel online to give easily while they travel. Companies will now have the option to select their preferred community project to make giving quick and easy every time.

TravelGiver_KarryOn

Education For Indigenous Mayan Working Children

The new website will also include features making it even easier to navigate and book with more booking specials, social media streams where users can share their experiences and rate community projects and a new animated How To video.

TravelGiver is the brainchild of entrepreneur Kimi Anderson. A keen traveller with a passion for philanthropy, Anderson spent the last twelve years working in the hospitality and tourism industry for global brands including Best Western Australasia, before deciding to set up her own business to combine her love of travel and giving.

“When I set up TravelGiver a year ago, my aim was to use my business experience and skills to help community projects around the world to raise awareness and generate much needed funds. I also wanted to provide a forum for people to research projects and share their experiences all in one spot. After a year in business, I’ve been overwhelmed by how many people have got onboard with TravelGiver and the concept of giving while travelling. Long may it continue!”

Kimi Anderson

Would you consider donating up to eight per cent of your booking to community projects?