Level up

Share this article

Is this the most insane GoPro video ever?

French skier Candide Thovex clearly doesn't do things by halves and has already racked up 11 million views on YouTube with quite possibly the most insane GoPro video ever.

French skier Candide Thovex clearly doesn’t do things by halves and has already racked up 11 million views on YouTube with quite possibly the most insane GoPro video ever.

Ever heard of Candide Thovex? Didn’t think so. I hadn’t either until now.

For the record he’s a champion French skier and acclaimed as one of the best in the world at plying his out of the ordinary trade.

When you watch this video you’ll see what I mean.

But much more than that, he’s also a killer YouTuber as this viral video highlights which has already notched up 11 million views and rising.

Think about that for a nano second. 11 million views for one video that cost him a minimal amount to create?

Compare that to most expensively produced brand TV ads and tell me TV was a better investment or had more views. You’ll be struggling to convince anyone, especially your accountant.

From extreme speed skiing across all manner of terrain including grass and tables, to multi-twisting turns and outrageous flips that defy gravity, the genius of Candide’s video is that it puts you directly in the hot seat for a crazy mountain run like no other to give you a flavour of the kind of experiences he enjoys.

Titled ‘One of those days 2’ the video builds to an incredible ending that’s as surprising as it is mind blowing. So make sure you don’t stop watching half way through.

I promise it’s worth it.

The video is simply produced, utterly engaging and clearly has so much share ability it’s simply not funny. All key ingredients for any viral video.

If 2015 is to be the year of video, we could all learn a lot from videos like this to help create better content.

Read on for some handy tips on producing your own quality video strategy.

What do you think? What’s your favourite bit?