Empty pixels side lock up
Empty pixels side lock up

Industry HQ

Share this article

Adventure World Hunts for new MD as Fiona departs

Adventure World MD Fiona Hunt has announced her departure from The Travel Corporation (TTC) after four years with the company.

Adventure World MD Fiona Hunt has announced her departure from The Travel Corporation (TTC) after four years with the company.

Hunt’s departure comes as she and her family relocate to the UK.

She said the decision to leave comes with ‘much sadness’.

“After four enjoyable years heading up Contiki and Adventure World and having achieved some key career goals with TTC, it has been a difficult decision to make, but I have decided to relocate to the UK with my family.”

Fiona Hunt, Adventure World outgoing MD

“It has been a great experience to work with a team of such outstanding people, and I feel privileged to have held leadership positions with two prestigious travel brands, as well as being a core part of a hugely successful global company.”

During her time at Adventure World, Hunt lead the company through a ‘rebuilding’ in 2014, which included a publishing venture with National Geographic.

_DSC0267

Fiona lead the company through its first magazine venture.

It was the first time a travel company entered magazine publishing.

Travel Corporation Australia CEO, John Weeks recognised her contribution to the company over the last four years and said he is ‘extremely sorry’ to see Fiona leave.

“Fiona has been a huge asset to the organisation and made a tremendous contribution to the growth of Contiki Australia during her tenure, and her admirable business acumen led to the successful acquisition and re-focus of Adventure World.”

John Weeks, Travel Corporation Australia CEO

“We sincerely thank Fiona and wish her and her family all the very best for the future.”

The search for Hunt’s successor has commenced.

Sad to see Fiona leave? Share your thoughts below.