Industry HQ

Share this article

Elizabeth Gaines to depart helloworld

Helloworld Limited today announced that their Chief Executive Officer, Elizabeth Gaines, has provided notice of her intention to leave HLO.

Helloworld Limited today announced that their Chief Executive Officer, Elizabeth Gaines, has provided notice of her intention to leave HLO.

Ms Gaines will continue in her role as Chief Executive Officer during the term of her six-month notice period, until such time as the Board has appointed a successor and there has been a smooth and orderly transition of responsibilities.

HLO Chairman, Brett Johnson, commented that “while we are disappointed, my Board colleagues and I respect Elizabeth’s decision to depart after more than seven years of dedicated service and would like to thank Elizabeth for her significant contribution to the Helloworld Group during that time”.

KarryOn_Helloworld_feature

“Elizabeth has successfully led the Company through a period of major transition and has established a strong foundation for the on-going growth and success of the business and our member agents.”

Brett Johnson, HLO Chairman

“The Board will commence a search process for Elizabeth’s replacement to lead Helloworld through the next phase of growth. Elizabeth will continue in her role until such time as her successor is appointed. Elizabeth’s substantial contribution and intellect will be missed and we wish her all the very best for her future endeavours.”

Ms Gaines said the Company had made substantial progress in a highly competitive environment, with the many achievements positioning Helloworld and its member agents for success.

helloworld NTIA awards

Ms Gaines (second from left) at the AFTA awards last year.

“With Helloworld firmly entrenched as a substantial force in the travel sector in Australia and New Zealand, I have decided now is the appropriate time for a change in leadership for our Company and for me to pursue other opportunities.  As a result, I have notified the Board of my intention to step down as CEO of Helloworld Limited.”

“Helloworld is now a business significantly transformed, with a highly capable management team and an unparalleled network of travel professionals. These solid foundations are evidenced by the success of the helloworld brand launch and the creation of our Australia-wide network, comprising almost 1,500 high-calibre, high performing corporate and leisure travel businesses. The appointment of QBT as the sole provider of travel management services for the Whole of Australian Government represents another key milestone in the Company’s successful transformation. ”

“A strong culture of innovation and commitment to creating the future of travel with every journey is now embedded in our member agents and in our Company.”

“It has been a tremendous honour to work with the industry’s best and I will leave confident in the next stage in the evolution of Helloworld.”

What are your thoughts on the news?