If you want to write your own headlines in 2022 and beyond, then snapping up this role as our prestigious news editor will be the news story you’ll want to break.
Recognised as Australia’s most loved travel industry media brand and community, Karryon creates high-quality news and feature editorial, social and branded content as well as multi-channel campaigns for our industry-leading travel partners.
As Karryon’s news editor, you’ll expertly steer our newsroom to comprehensively cover the news locally and internationally while gaining insights and angles from the diverse range of people that make the travel industry tick.
We’ve got some hugely exciting plans for 2022 and are now on the hunt for a Sydney based news editor to become an integral member of the team and help us bring them to life.
What’s in it for you?
- Make the role your own and be an integral voice and team member of a small, independent, boutique publisher, free from big corporation attitudes
- Opportunity to excel within a dynamic culture and collaborative team with a responsible and global outlook
- Base yourself out of our centrally located headquarters in Sydney’s CBD with flexible home working options
- Chance to grow your skillset and thrive and shine in a business that’s going places
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Training opportunities and travel perks
Here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- A minimum of 3 years experience working on news within a digital travel trade/consumer publication
- A tertiary qualification in journalism/communications
- Solid understanding of the travel industry eco-system and its challenges and opportunities in a post-pandemic world
- A love for travel, its endless possibilities and the role it plays in making the world a better and more connected place
- Passion for social media and its role in news
- A hunger to source the stories that matter
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating timely, balanced and relevant 24/7 travel industry news for our audience in our newsroom area, ensuring daily editorial and brand standards are universally met
- Publishing daily news across all our channels including edm and social
- Connecting with all areas of the travel industry and travellers to interview, network and seek story angles
- Helping evolve Karryon as Australia’s leading travel industry brand through news-editorial excellence
- Building a narrative around our ‘Together In Travel’ mantra
- Being the go-to person for news and a strategic connector within the travel industry
- Working with a team of staff and remote writers and collaboratively working with other areas of the business to achieve common goals
- Representing Karryon at industry events and trips
What will give you the edge?
- Team player DNA
- Growth mindset and an appetite for news and constant learning
- Strong personal brand and following across social media
- Any photography/editing skills
- Video editing skills and are comfortable in front of a camera
- Audio/podcasting experience
- Proactively fostering strong relationships internally and externally
- Any other unique talents you feel may be relevant
More about Karryon
Our mission is to reconnect the world, together in travel.
Now in its ninth year, Karryon was founded with the goals of putting the sense of community and purpose back into the travel media space, while achieving superior outcomes for our partners.
Those aims continue to be the driving force of the business each day.
Sound like your kind of gig? Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary negotiable dependent on experience
Applications close Friday 11 February 2022.
Share this story