Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: American Airlines promotes Kyle Mabry to VP APAC & MEA

American Airlines has appointed Kyle Mabry to Vice President of Operations and Commercial for EMEA and APAC, following more than 25 years at the airline in commercial, marketing and business strategy roles.

American Airlines has appointed Kyle Mabry to Vice President of Operations and Commercial for EMEA and APAC, following more than 25 years at the airline in commercial, marketing and business strategy roles.

Mr Mabry’s appointment comes ahead of American resuming service to Sydney and Auckland in late October, helping further rebuild the airline’s footprint in the Pacific.

Before his new role, Mr Mabry led the Global Sales division as Vice President for almost two years after seven years as Managing Director for American’s Western Division.

As VP of Operations & Commercial, the AA veteran will guide the regional teams to fulfil the airline’s commercial strategy, working toward the airline’s shared goals of reliability and profitability, while remaining committed to its customers and continuing to elevate American as the leading global carrier.

Aircraft Interiors AA787 Main Cabin Seats
American Airlines will resume Sydney to Los Angeles daily from 26 October 2022 on its Boeing Dreamliner 787-9.

“After more than two decades with American, I’m looking forward to taking on the challenge of the EMEA and APAC regions, leading our dedicated teams across the globe as we run a reliable operation and return to profitability,”  Mr Mabry said.

“I’ve witnessed the incredible work that our teams at EMEA and APAC do, ensuring American’s continued success in the region. I look forward to working alongside them as we continue providing unparalleled customer service.”

For more info, head to americanairlines.com.au