Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Jason Tarabo leads product, marketing & innovation at International Rail

Self-proclaimed train fanatic Jason Tarabo joins International Rail as Head of Product, Marketing & Innovation, bringing 17 years' experience to the role. It comes as International Rail marks its 18th anniversary this year and embarks on a new phase of evolution.

Self-proclaimed train fanatic Jason Tarabo joins International Rail as Head of Product, Marketing & Innovation, bringing 17 years’ experience to the role. It comes as International Rail marks its 18th anniversary this year and embarks on a new phase of evolution.

Mr Tarabo returns to Australia with International Rail, an Australian-owned and -operated rail service provider, which partners with worldwide companies such as Trenitalia, Rocky Mountaineer, Rovos Rail, Journey Beyond and more.

Starting his career with Rail Plus, Mr Tarabo worked at Eurostar as ANZ Marketing Manager and spent a decade in various roles with Rail Europe, most recently as Regional Manager for South-East Asia.

“During my time, I have hosted more than 30 fam trips, mostly in and around Switzerland, and visited agents in every continent of the world outside of Antarctica. I challenge anyone to a global train quiz!” he said.

Rail travel
Rail travel in Barcelona, Spain.

International Rail Owner & Managing Director Jonathan Hume said it was essential to create a role to meet the overwhelming interest and demand in rail from the trade and the market.

“We want to take the company to another level and with Jason taking care of these essential areas, I’ll focus on a number of new opportunities both in Australia and internationally,” Mr Hume said.

Mr Tarabo said he is excited to join International Rail as the company eyes expansion into New Zealand and other potential markets.

“International Rail has been a long-standing, respected part of the rail community for many years. It remains the only full-service rail wholesaler that offers local service for travel agents, something that is sorely lacking throughout the trade,” he said.

“It has been well-documented that rail is booming – new routes and companies seem to be popping up every week. 

“The industry and consumers are banging on about how ‘green’ [rail travel] is and that’s great, but it’s also just a more fun way to travel.”

Find out more at internationalrail.com.au