Empty pixels side lock up
Empty pixels side lock up

Industry HQ

Share this article

MOVERS & SHAKERS: Meet newbies at Wendy Wu Tours & Kakadu Tourism

It’s been a big week in the travel industry with people moving up and on from previous positions into new and exciting gigs, we call them our movers & shakers.

It’s been a big week in the travel industry with people moving up and on from previous positions into new and exciting gigs, we call them our movers & shakers.

So, find out who got a new gig this week by checking out this week’s travel industry movers & shakers below or clicking here to check out last month’s new appointments.

1. Meet Wendy Wu Tours’ new BDM

Wendy Wu Tours

Wendy Wu Tours is delighted to announce the appointment of Paola Bamonte to the role of Business Development Manager, NSW. In her new role, Paola will cover the areas of Southern NSW including Greater Southern Sydney, the South Coast and Riverina.

Paola joins the Wendy Wu Tours Business Development team bringing her extensive travel industry and small business skills to the role. She has vast experience across various areas of travel including retail, sales and operations, and owned a successful destination wedding business for over a decade.

On her appointment, Paola said: “My guarantee as Business Development Manager, NSW is to provide the right tools and insight to exceed the needs of my Travel Agents, and the promise to support them to meet both their business and personal goals through reliability and efficiency.”

“I look forward to assisting agents with their requirements and to guide them through the existing Wendy Wu product range… and beyond!”

Steve Richards, General Manager Wendy Wu Tours Australia said of the appointment: “I’m so excited to welcome Paola to the team. Having travelled across various continents, Paola’s spirit of adventure, discovery and wonder, is a distinct quality of her passionate nature. With Paola’s proven business building skills, I’m confident that she’ll bring strong value to our travel agent supporters and build even stronger relationships.”

2. Meet Kakadu Tourism’s Head of Sales & Marketing

Kakadu Tourism

Kakadu Tourism has appointed James Robinson as its new Sales & Marketing Executive, based in the group’s Darwin office.

James Robinson has extensive experience in the tourism and hospitality sector, joining Kakadu Tourism from from Darwin tourism group, Redco Investments, which is responsible for operating one of Darwin’s premier attractions, Crocosaurus Cove, along with accommodation venues: the Value Inn and Melaleuca on Mitchell.

Prior to that, Mr Robinson worked with leading Australia/New Zealand backpacker company, BASE Backpackers, where he held various management positions in hostels in Australia and New Zealand.

In his new position, Mr Robinson will be responsible for sales and marketing activities for Kakadu Tourism’s assets, which include Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, Cooinda Lodge and Yellow Water Camping, as well as tourism operations such as Yellow Water Cruises and Spirit of Kakadu Adventure Tours.

Mr Robinson said his four years with Crocosaurus Cove and Darwin hotels were great preparation for his new role with Kakadu Tourism.

“While I am an adopted Territorian, I really feel connected to the Top End, and believe that Kakadu has enormous potential to grow its tourism market,” said Mr Robinson.

“Kakadu is one of the most spectacular natural destinations in Australia and we are in the process of complementing Kakadu’s natural attractions with major upgrades of the Crocodile Hotel and Cooinda Lodge, which will be ready in time for the next peak season.

“I believe strongly in the role of tourism and its potential for growth in the Top End. No other region in Australia offers such a rich tourism and cultural experience, and I will be working closely with our partners – such as AccorHotels, Tourism Northern Territory and Kakadu National Park – along with airlines, wholesalers, domestic and inbound tourism operators to help grow the markets to Kakadu and the Top End.”

Did we miss someone? Send us an email & let us know.