Open Mindset June 2024 website takeover side banner
Open Mindset June 2024 website takeover side banner

Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: TravelManagers adds Maggie Bootsman as new BPM

TravelManagers has welcomed well-known industry identity Maggie Bootsman as its newest Business Partnership Manager, boosting the team to seven BPMs, including Kylie Wilson who started in early August, as the company continues its positive post-pandemic recovery.

TravelManagers has welcomed well-known industry identity Maggie Bootsman as its newest Business Partnership Manager, boosting the team to seven BPMs, including Kylie Wilson who started in early August, as the company continues its positive post-pandemic recovery.

The newly created role will provide support to personal travel managers (PTMs) in South Australia and Tasmania with regional supplier relations, business planning and business development support.

Executive General Manager Michael Gazal said Ms Bootsman brings a wealth of travel industry experience to the role, which includes eight years as a retail travel advisor as well as working with airlines, a GDS and a travel agency franchise.

Her most recent role was as General Manager of the UK-based Travel Counsellors in the United Arab Emirates.

Based in Adelaide, Ms Bootsman is looking forward to taking on the challenges and opportunities of her new role, which she believes is a great fit for the skills acquired across her career.

“The past couple of years have been tough for many in the industry but I believe my can-do attitude and experience make me a great fit for the TravelManagers family in this next phase,” she said.

With PTMs achieving record sales and growth each month since February 2022, Mr Gazal said TravelManagers is committed to supporting them and anticipates a return to 2019 levels soon.

“Our post-pandemic recovery is continuing at pace and we are delighted to have Maggie joining the TravelManagers family during such an exciting period of opportunity.”

For more, visit travelmanagers.com.au