Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: Vanessa Fletcher rejoins Gate 7; Laura Stephenson added

Vanessa Fletcher has rejoined tourism marketing agency Gate 7 as Head of Strategy, while former American Airlines Marketing manager ANZ Laura Stephenson has joined the company as it looks to capitalise on the growth of its client base this year.

Vanessa Fletcher has rejoined tourism marketing agency Gate 7 as Head of Strategy, while former American Airlines Marketing manager ANZ Laura Stephenson has joined the company as it looks to capitalise on the growth of its client base this year.

Returning to Gate 7 in a newly created role, Ms Fletcher will become the agency’s Head of Strategy after a stint as Chief Marketing Officer at Nano Digital Home Loans.

Gate 7 told Karryon Vanessa would be working closely with the company’s Director of PR and Content, Tori Goddard, as well as fellow new recruit Laura Stephenson, who will join as Director of Tourism Development and Events.

“I am thrilled to be back with the Gate 7 family,” Ms Fletcher said. 

“The momentum and collaboration throughout the travel industry make it an exciting place to be, and I look forward to achieving great things with and for our clients and partners.” 

Ms Stephenson returns to the travel and tourism sector in another newly created role after serving as General Manager for the entertainment precinct Club Menangle.

Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California

Stephenson joins Gate 7 with more than seven years of experience in senior marketing management roles at American Airlines in Sydney and AirAsia in Malaysia prior to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Focusing on marketing, events, people and project management, Ms Stephenson previously worked closely with Gate 7 in her role at American Airlines.

“It was a sad day to walk away from travel and tourism, but the last two years provided me a great opportunity to learn, grow and develop new skills,” she said.

“I am excited not only to be back in this collaborative industry but with the Gate 7 family. 

“Seeing the industry firing and taking on new challenges with gusto.”

Read our interview with Gate 7 Founder and Managing Director Jo Palmer here.

For more information on Gate 7, click here.