Industry HQ

Share this article

Movers + Shakers: TAG names Lauren Gainey as APAC Commercial Director

TAG has appointed experienced travel industry leader Lauren Gainey in the newly added Commercial Director of Asia Pacific position as the London-based travel and event management company focuses on regional expansion and success.

TAG has appointed experienced travel industry leader Lauren Gainey in the newly added Commercial Director of Asia Pacific position as the London-based travel and event management company focuses on regional expansion and success.

Ms Gainey brings more than 20 years’ experience in the tourism, hospitality and aviation sectors across the product, sales and commercial space, including seven years at Qantas along with management positions at Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Flight Centre Travel Group and IHG Hotels & Resorts.

Her most recent role as Qantas Commercial Partnerships Manager honed her diverse expertise in sales, strategic partnerships, business strategy and marketing.

TAG APAC Managing Director Shane Barr said the newly established role will be instrumental in nurturing relationships with local partners and suppliers.

TAG APAC Shane Barr
APAC MD Shane Barr.

“Lauren’s relationship-building skills promise to be a significant asset, fostering stronger connections with our partners and suppliers. Her industry insights will not only enhance our team’s knowledge but also contribute to the overall growth and success of the APAC region,” he said.

“Lauren’s appointment underscores our dedication to delivering exceptional service and value to our clients and partners.”

Ms Gainey said: “I’m truly thrilled to embark on this next chapter with the exceptional team at TAG where I aim to leverage my diverse experience and knowledge to drive growth and success throughout the APAC region.”

TAG (formerly The Appointment Group) recently acquired Apex Travel Group Australia along with CCM Travel Group and Axis Events in 2023.

Find out more at tag-group.com