1,126 days since their last national conference in 2019, the home-based network and partners came together again to celebrate their in-person reunion and enjoy their 13th annual conference in Sydney, culminating with a Studio54-themed awards ceremony on the last night.
Who themes their National Gala Awards ceremony as a dress-up Studio54 Celebration? Disco-loving TravelManagers, that’s who!
Given there were no sales-based awards for FY2022 due to the impact of COVID on the industry over 2020, 2021, and the beginning of 2022, this year’s awards took on a more heartfelt and meaningful direction enhanced by all the energy and fun (not to mention glitter and sequins) that only a 70s-inspired theme can bring.
Not surprisingly, then, this ‘Boogie night of nights‘ was an absolute hit!
So who took out the disco gongs? Read on, and congratulations to all the winners.
- TravelManagers Support Award 2022: David McCarthy, NPO
- Recognition Award 2022: Di Yates, PTM Victoria
- PTMs Choice Award 2022: Michelle Kingston, PTM QLD
- Denise Dean Advocate Award 2022: Dan Brown, PTM NSW & Laurin Taggart, PTM NSW (Shared winners)
- Excellence in Marketing 2022: Ed Bradford, PTM Victoria
- Supplier Choice Award 2022: Carli Hester, PTM Victoria
- Supplier Partner of the Year 2022: HAL/Seabourn
- Supplier Partner of the Year 2022: RoomRes
All of this year’s TravelManagers awards were either voted for by PTMs, The National Partnership Office (NPO) or supplier partners.
The last award of the night was extra poignant with the ultimate and most significant gong, the TravelManagers Spirit Award, being renamed The Barry Mayo Spirit Award in honour of company Director Barry Mayo who is retiring from the business after 15 years and 60 plus years working in the sector.
Following a standing ovation, an emotional Mayo gave out the award in his honour to winner Rebecca Owen from TravelManagers internal NPO (National Partnership Office) team.
Once the awards were all over, and the tears wiped away, the dance floor was transformed into a disco inferno as TravelManagers and partners grooved long into the night.
Read on here for the full conference wrap.
Keen to check out the outrageous costumes? Head here for our gallery.
To find out more, visit travelmanagers.com.au
Share this story