Australia’s #1 travel industry digital media brand: Karryon is on the hunt for a Sydney HQ based Head of Editorial and Content to lead our talented team of in-house and remote writers and content creators.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be our editorial lead and calls for an uber-talented individual with at least three years’ experience in a leadership role and a proven track record of managing a mid-sized team.
Coming into our seventh year of operations, we are at an exciting, pivotal point in our lifespan where we have a number of next-level initiatives to take to market, with the help of someone like you.
Who are we looking for?
We’re putting the feelers out for a digital native who understands the travel media landscape’s challenges and opportunities and who can bring strong ethics and sustainable values to everything we do.
With bags of ideas and initiative, you will have exceptional knowledge of the global travel industry news and features as well as a proven track record of audience acquisition and a thirst for innovation and a desire to break stories and rules in a fast-paced, dynamic media environment.
While there will be occasional travel in the role, this is a hands-on gig for a travel changemaker wanting to advance their media skills and experience and actively play a part in creating something meaningful for the long haul.
As a prominent face of the Karryon brand, you’ll need to be a positive, strong communicator and a lover and influencer of the power of long-term human relationships built on mutual respect and win-win outcomes.
Your duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Directing Karryon’s overall brand and audience growth strategy for karryon.com.au and new channels in partnership with the founder and fellow business units
- Managing deadlines, editorial workflow and the team of writers and freelancers within Australia, New Zealand and beyond
- Leading from the front with editorial contribution and a sharp, consistent fine-tuning of all outward content
- Monitoring site traffic and results, and managing an evolving strategy to ensure results are achieved consistently across all channels including written content, social media and video
- Growing subscribers and engagement across our social media channels and email databases
- Working closely with our other core teams of the business, including partnerships and production and our creative and development team in Byron Bay to drive commercially successful outcomes
- Mentoring and performance managing writers to hone their news craft and writing skills
- Helping develop new business opportunities as required
- Working collaboratively on Karryon own event content strategies
- Collaborating on initiatives with sister business traveltochangetheworld.com
- Representing Karryon at external events as needed including out of hours
What’s in it for you?
- Join a progressive, collaborative culture that’s climate positive and lives a sustainable pledge that includes giving back and educating and influencing our trade/consumer hybrid audience on responsible travel
- Play a leading role in an independent lifestyle media business that genuinely cares about people, wildlife and the planet as well as our partners and the audience it represents
- Work with a dynamic team in our gorgeous co-share space next to Town Hall in Sydney as well as occasional visits to our Byron Bay office
- Enjoy an extra day leave for your birthday and time given for community-based projects or initiatives
- Flexible working arrangements based on individual needs and schedule
- Travel perks and benefits
Sound like you? Send us your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with some examples of your work, and we’ll go from there.
Closing date for applications is Friday 31 Jan 2020.
Applicants must hold Australian permanent residency status. And thanks, but no recruitment agencies please.
Share this story