We’re on the hunt for a dynamic Studio Manager (and all-round awesome human) to join the team in Sydney.
As a 7-year-old boutique publisher, we are proud to be recognised as Australia’s #1 digital travel trade community, producing quality news and feature editorial, social and branded content as well as multi-channel campaigns for our industry-leading and much-loved travel partners.
We are currently looking for an experienced Studio Manager to ensure a smooth workflow, lead our small but growing team and play a key role in helping our karryonredev.wpengine.com and traveltochangetheworld.com brands reach their full potential.
Sound like you? Read on.
What’s in it for you?
- Be an integral part of a small, independent, boutique publisher, free from big corporation attitudes, politics and ego’s
- Dynamic company culture and values – a collaborative team with a responsible and global outlook
- Work out of our relaxed, creative share space office in Redfern, Sydney (Only 8 mins walk from Central Station) with on-site yoga studio and surrounded by cool cafés, bars and restaurants
- Opportunities to work out of our Byron Bay studio
- The opportunity to thrive and shine in a business that’s going places
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Travel perks
What’s the gig?
The ideal person will be highly organised and an exceptional communicator who is driven by process and the desire to lead, mentor and support a team of talented writers, integrated producers and creative professionals.
You’ll have 7+ years of experience in digital media and communications and a digital publishing, media or content agency background with any knowledge of working on travel brands or publications seen as advantageous.
Reporting to and working closely with the company’s Founder and CEO, you’ll oversee the day to day operations and collaboration across editorial, production and sales.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Day to day management of the team and their wellbeing, ensuring team harmony and efficiency
- Drive daily and weekly meetings and any other team huddles as required
- Collaborate on and execute business strategies and process
- Oversee and manage output and stakeholders of relevant partner campaigns
- Manage external resource and suppliers
- Set, manage and report on individual and team KPI’s
- Create and lead team-based initiatives to create an engaged working environment
- Oversee measurement and reporting on all key metrics
- Continuously innovate and provide ideas on how we can improve our content and channel approaches
- Manage operational workflow and continue to optimise process and tools utilising market-leading cloud-based solutions for peak performance
- Make operational and fiscal decisions
- Live and breathe company values to create a unified team
- Help nurture team to achieve their full potential and career paths through regular feedback and scheduled one on ones
- Onboard and train new and existing staff members as required
The skills you’ll have in your bag of tricks;
- 7+ years of experience in digital media and communications in a digital publishing or content agency with any experience of working on travel brands or publications seen as advantageous
- A passion for social media with in-depth experience including Ad Manager, Facebook LIVE and sponsored content
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and of bringing Google Analytics to life to drive deeper insights and sharper content
- User-based knowledge of WordPress
- Experience of using a cloud-based solution such as Asana to traffic workflow
- Experience of video campaigns and a sound understanding of video production
- Experience of creating quality native editorial via working with editorial teams and writers
- An emotionally intelligent management philosophy that inspires top-class work and fosters a healthy work culture
- Detail-oriented and deadline focused, with a get-things-done attitude
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of working with advertisers and growing profitable revenue channels via traditional and new means
- An entrepreneurial spirit: a passion for bringing new ideas to life and the work ethic to make it happen
- Happy to work autonomously while empowering others
- Personal love, pride and passion for what you do
- Any knowledge of podcasting and events will also be seen as advantageous
- Sydney based
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, salary expectation and availability to [email protected]
And please, no recruitment agencies or calls. Thanks.
Share this story