The Nordic specialist tour operator, 50 Degrees North, has launched a new travel brand in response to the recent Bentours collapse and increase in demand for Scandinavian tours in the Australian and New Zealand markets.
NORD Journeys by 50 Degrees North (NORD’ being from the old norse word ‘norðr’, meaning NORTH) will offer most of the products previously available at Bentours in order to ensure continuity in the market.
This includes guaranteed coach departures, escorted small group tours, popular FIT tours across the region, self-drive itineraries and Norwegian coastal voyages.
Some of the most experienced former Bentours sales consultants have joined NORD Journeys and continue to provide true product expertise and local knowledge for agents and clients.
Tell us more…
NORD Journeys will offer a high level of service – as 50 Degrees North has done for the last 10 years. A new website, agency brochures, and a dedicated team of knowledgeable sales reps across Australia and New Zealand will be finalised soon.
“Our teams in Melbourne and Lillehammer have been living and breathing anything Nordic for the past 10 years (and for most of us, our whole lifetime), so putting this product range together has been fairly easy and straightforward, and we have the strong support of our local suppliers back home in the Nordics”,
Tietse Stelma, 50 Degrees North Co-Founder and CEO.
“That said, the total volume we handle is set to increase significantly, and in the spirit of honesty and practicality, we ask agents to be patient as we aim to fully set up NORD Journeys and offer the same high level of service that we have offered for the last decade. So, although you may experience a slightly longer turnaround, to begin with, we are aiming at a 24-48 hour turnaround for quotes, which will be one of our measures of success”, adds Stelma.
It’s all very exciting… WATCH THIS SPACE!
What is the difference between 50 Degrees North and NORD Journeys?
50 Degrees North
- High end, boutique
- tailor-made FIT special interest and small group tours for discerning travellers and agents.
- Many inclusions; high level of service and 4-5-star boutique properties.
- Prices are competitive, but travellers should understand that they pay a small premium for having itineraries tailor-made to their specific desires by expert destination specialists.
- Guaranteed coach departures in Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland, the Baltics and Russia, escorted small group tours
- popular pre-made FIT tours across the region
- Christmas packages in Finnish Lapland, Kakslauttanen glass igloos, as well as self-drive itineraries and Norwegian coastal voyages.
- Fewer inclusions, and generally 3-3.5-star well-appointed and centrally located properties.
- The product will be competitive on price, more affordable and have set itineraries with pre & post options.
- Tailor-making will be offered against a set planning fee.
Contact the team
The team at 50 Degrees North and NORD Journeys is excited about the new brand and encourages travel agents across Australia and New Zealand to contact [email protected] to set up a sales agreement.
Click here for more information.
Keep an eye out for the new Nord Journeys website, coming soon.
Share this story