While we may not be able to travel internationally overseas for a while yet, from November, we will be able to take off on a scenic joy flight for the day over Antarctica with Antarctica Flights.
From November, travellers keen for a different perspective will be able to hop on a private charter flight to see Antarctica from the sky.
Nicknamed “the world’s most unique day tour”, this journey on a Qantas 787-9 Dreamliner will see laid-back explorers travelling overseas, viewing the Australian Antarctic Territory then returning to the safety of your home state, all in a day.
With 19 planned routes to meet the changing weather conditions, no two flights are the same and the return journey can vary between 12 to 14 hours to give travellers unparalleled views of the vast white wilderness where you spend 3 to 4 hours experiencing epic vistas over the actual continent of Antarctica.
And the good news is you won’t need your passport either as the return joy flights from Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne are considered domestic flights given they don’t actually land overseas.
Here’s a taster of what you can expect…
The flights last for around 12-13 hours and include the following:
- Antarctic experts who will provide commentary and facts on the history and the polar environment
- Full bar service serving alcohol and soft drinks
- Two full-service Qantas meals plus in-flight snacks
- Take home Explorer Kit with all maps and stats on Antarctica
- Entertainment System with Antarctic documentaries and Happy Feet!
- Importantly, each flight comes with a carbon-neutral offsetting program, allowing you to enjoy your experience with the full knowledge that you can offset the carbon emissions of your journey
Prices start from $1,199 per person in economy class up to $7,999 for a comfier business class seat and begin from November 2020.
Here’s all of the departures.
- Melbourne – 15 November 2020
- Sydney – 22 November 2020
- Melbourne – 31 December 2020
- Perth – 26 January 2021
- Brisbane – 7 February 2021
- Adelaide – 14 February 2021
- Sydney – 21 February 2021
“Antarctica Flights offer the ultimate one-day adventure. It’s a chance to see this extraordinary white wilderness from the air and learn about the southernmost continent from polar experts, at the same time as experiencing the fabulous new Qantas 787 Dreamliner. You get to travel overseas, no luggage or passport required!”
Bas Bosschieter, CEO Antarctica Flights
Book with confidence: For 2020/2021 Antarctica Flights, bookings will be transferable to another person up to 24 hours before departure with an AU$100 service fee. In addition, should the flight not be able to depart due to government restrictions on travel, there will be a full refund.
Head to www.antarcticaflights.com.au to find out more and book your spot.
Share this story