Last night the 2014 Avis Scholarship Award was held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney where a Queensland consultant became the 18th recipient of the prestigious award.
Avis, Australia’s leading car rental company established the Travel Agents Advisory Board in 1995 to help develop a closer working relationship with travel retailers. This year Avis Australia was proud to announce Jodie Gonzales from American Express Global Business Travel in Queensland as the winner of the 2014 Avis Travel Agent Scholarship which is being referred to as the retail travel industry’s most prestigious and enduring award.
Jodie was announced as the 18th recipient of the annual Scholarship – which recognises and rewards consultants who consistently deliver outstanding customer service – at a ceremony last night at Sydney’s Four Seasons Hotel attended by travel industry leaders.
As the 2014 winner, Jodie Gonzalez will receive educational and travel-related prizes valued in excess of $40,000, including:
- two return Qantas Airways Business Class airfares to New York
- six nights’ accommodation in Manhattan and seven days’ car rental from Avis
- a scholarship to study at Southern Cross University with financial support of up to $8,000*
- training modules from the Cruise Lines International Australasia
- a Polonious Resources Personal Profile, Feedback Session and on-call personal/professional coaching for 12 months
- two tickets to the 2015 NTIA Gala Dinner in Sydney (return flights, overnight accommodation and return limousine transfers)
- a one year honorary position on the Avis Travel Agents Advisory Board
- a tour of Avis’ World Headquarters in New Jersey and site visits to US agencies.
Avis Travel Industry Manager Russell Butler says that Jodie demonstrated all the skills, integrity and passion required to be a Scholarship winner.
“One of the things that stands Jodie apart is the genuine care and compassion she shows for her customers. She is also someone who appreciates that looking after small but important details can make a huge difference to a client’s overall travel experience. She is dedicated to consistently exceeding her customers’ expectations and to ensuring that they are all treated like valued individuals.”
Russell Butler, Avis Travel Industry Manager
This year’s Scholarship winner was chosen from four finalists, all of whom presented to members of the Avis Travel Agents Advisory Board during yesterday’s final judging session in Sydney.
This year’s finalists also included:
- Paul Mirabito, Corporate Travel Management (NSW)
- Meagan McLeod, Escape Travel (NSW)
- Melanie Whyte, TravelManagers (TAS).
All finalists receive a personal online behavioural profile and consultation session with a Polonious Resources business coach.
For more information on the 2014 Scholarship please visit www.avisscholarship.com.
Share this story