Qatar Stopover takeover skin safe left
Qatar Stopover takeover skin safe right
Home Travel Industry News

Carnival announces new cruise program with more sailings closer to home

Carnival Cruise Line Australia's new 2023-2024 program is set to offer more opportunities than ever for Aussies to see their backyard with 66 domestic sailings, providing $300+ million domestic tourism boost.

Carnival Cruise Line Australia’s new 2023-2024 program is set to offer more opportunities than ever for Aussies to see their backyard with 66 domestic sailings, providing $300+ million domestic tourism boost.

With an eye toward the eventual restart of guest operations in 2022, Carnival Cruise Line has today announced its ambitious 2023-2024 cruise program.

Offering what it says is a potential boost of “over a third of a billion dollars” to the domestic tourism economy, the Cruise line says its new program will assist Australia’s recovery from the shutdown in tourism over the past 18 months.

Featuring 115 sailings for cruise fans leaving from Sydney and Brisbane, guests cruising onboard both Carnival Splendor and Carnival Spirit will have the opportunity to experience 66 domestic sailings.

Carnival Spirit
Carnival Spirit

Providing even more opportunities for guests to take a quick and easy getaway, 20 short cruises have been included as part of the program, including relaxing weekend escapes and trips to picturesque destinations such as Moreton Island, Airlie Beach and the Great Barrier Reef.

Highlights of the itinerary program include two cruises to majestic Papua New Guinea, allowing guests to visit a number of stunning ports including Alotau, Kitava and the Conflict Islands.

On sale from 22 November 2021, highlight fares include:

Carnival Splendor 

karryon-carnival-cruise-line-carnival-splendor-green-slide
Carnival Splendor
  • Three-day Weekend Sampler from $382 per person, interior twin – based on 5 October 2023 sailing
  • Four days Sydney to Moreton Island from $518 per person, interior twin – based on 28 March 2024 sailing
  • Eight days Sydney to the South Pacific from $814 per person, interior twin – based on 28 April 2024 sailing
  • 10 days Sydney to the Great Barrier Reef from $1,139 per person, interior twin – based on 8 October 2023 sailing

Carnival Spirit 

karryon-carnival-cruise-line-carnival-spirit-birds-eye
Carnival Spirit 
  • Three-day Weekend Sampler from $397 per person, interior twin – based on 9 May 2024 sailing
  • Four days Brisbane to Airlie Beach from $538 per person, interior twin – based on 29 May 2024 sailing
  • Seven days Brisbane to the South Pacific from $789 per person, interior twin – based on 5 November 2023 sailing
  • 11 days Brisbane to Fiji from $1,219 per person, interior twin – based on 18 February 2024 sailing

“After an incredibly challenging two years for the Australian travel industry, it was extremely important for us at Carnival to invest in the local economy with our 2023-2024 program,” said Kara Glamore, Vice President of Carnival Cruise Line Australia.

“Carnival ships have called Australia home for nearly a decade and during that time, we have welcomed over one million guests onboard.

“That’s why for the first time 60% of our cruises will be across ANZ, with the remaining 40% visiting the South Pacific.

“We know Aussies are hungry to keep exploring their backyard and with over one hundred sailings between June 2023 and June 2024, we’ll be sure to have a cruise for you.”

Click here or visit your local travel advisor for more information.

*As defined by passenger, ship and crew expenditures.