Victorians are out of quarantine today and border restriction changes have already been announced for those planning to travel to the NT, SA, and TAS.
Victoria’s snap “circuit-breaker” lockdown has officially ended and the state recorded zero new community cases for two days running.
This has lead the NT, SA and TAS to update their border restrictions for travellers from VIC.
Queensland health authorities said on Wednesday the state’s border would not open to those from Greater Melbourne before 10 days have passed.
There has also not been an update on when international arrivals will return to Victoria just yet, but we expect to hear something over the next few days.
We will update you on the situation when when we know more.
Travel to South Australia
In effect from 18 February 2021, people are permitted to travel from Victoria including regional (other than Greater Melbourne) to South Australia providing they have not been in Greater Melbourne on or after 12.01 am on 4 February 2021.
Travel from Greater Melbourne is still prohibited. Premier Steven Marshal; said the greater Melbourne restrictions would stay put until the city records 14 days of no community transmission.
Transiting through Melbourne Airport and Greater Melbourne is now permitted, with conditions.
People who have entered South Australia having been in Greater Melbourne, Melbourne Airport or Terminal 4 of Melbourne Airport who entered under a previous Direction must continue to adhere to the COVID-19 testing and self-quarantine requirements as directed.
Click here for more information.
Travel to Northern Territory
The Northern Territory Government has now revoked its coronavirus hotspot declaration for Greater Melbourne.
This means anyone currently in quarantine in the NT after visiting Melbourne will be released, and free travel between the two locations will resume.
All people travelling to the Northern Territory must complete a border entry form
Travel to Tassie
Tasmanian Public Health has advised that Victoria will return to a low-risk region from 12:01am on Saturday 20 February – pending no further COVID-19 cases in Victoria that are considered a public health risk.
All declared high-risk premises in Victoria will remain at their current level – meaning any traveller who has been at those premises at the specific dates and times will be required to complete the 14 day quarantine requirement currently in place.
Pending no further public health risk cases being identified in Victoria, any traveller arriving in Tasmania after 12:01am Saturday 20 February will not be required to quarantine on arrival – as long as they have not been at any of the high-risk premises at the specified dates and times – see Travel Alert for details.
Travellers currently in quarantine as they had been in Victoria in the 14 days prior to their arrival (but not at high-risk premises) will be able to leave quarantine after 12:01am on Saturday 20 February.
Please check www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au for latest updates.
Share this story