Continuing its 40-year tradition of providing the finest speaker program in the cruise industry, Cunard has announced its latest roster of high-calibre speakers who will join Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria over the coming months.
Among the highlights of the Cunard Insights program will be appearances by former South Africa President F W De Klerk, legendary motorsport commentator Murray Walker and former BBC chief news correspondent Kate Adie.
Cunard Marketing Director Angus Struthers said the cruise line’s innovative speaker program continued to go from strength to strength. “We are very excited to host such leading lights in their respective fields on our ships,” Mr Struthers said.
Joining Queen Mary 2’s world voyage between Port Elizabeth and Cape Town from April 15-17, 2015,
Mr De Klerk will give a presentation ‘Walking with Nelson Mandela on the Long Road to a New South Africa’ and partake in a Q&A session while onboard. His appearance will take place during a 16-night sector of the world voyage, departing Fremantle on April 2, 2015. Fares on the sector are priced at $3349* for a balcony stateroom.
Other prominent guest speakers include:
- Commentator Murray Walker will sail onboard Queen Victoria for a 14-night Canary Islands Explorer cruise departing Southampton on November 9, 2014. Joining him as guest commentator on the cruise will be novelist and former British Conservative Party politician Ann Widdecombe.
- Well-known for her reporting from war zones across the world, BBC journalist Kate Adie OBE DL will cross the Atlantic from Southampton to New York with Queen Elizabeth between January 10-18, 2015.
- Broadcaster and royal expert Caroline Aston will get Queen Mary 2’s 2015 World Cruise off to a great start, sailing from Southampton to Civitavecchia between January 10-17, 2015.
- British actor Robert Powell will also join an early part of Queen Mary 2’s World Cruise sailing from Civitavecchia to Dubai between January 17-30, 2015. Mr Powell’s 45-year career has included a variety of roles from Holby City on television to The 39 Steps in film and Hamlet in the theatre.
- Politician Lord Michael Howard joins Queen Mary 2 on her 15-night Cape Town to Southampton World Cruise sector between April 18-May 3, 2015. Mr Howard will be accompanied by his wife, 1960s fashion model, Sandra Howard (nee Paul).
- Falklands veteran Simon Weston OBE will join Queen Victoria on her 13-night Southampton to Fort Lauderdale crossing from January 20-February 2, 2015.
- Business guru Lord Digby Jones will join Queen Elizabeth on her 16-night Mediterranean Highlights cruise from Southampton between August 30-September 15, 2015.
Share this story