Destination NSW extends its ‘Feel New’ tourism campaign with dedicated Sydney TV ad, creative and music release to welcome all to the state’s beating heart, Sydney.
Sydney has always been a shining jewel in NSW’s diverse and expansive tourism offering and from December 1, Australia’s premier state will become the focus of its own dedicated brand campaign, Feel New Sydney, to drive travel and tourism within the domestic market.
Feel New Sydney provides a fast-paced snapshot into the diverse array of experiences Sydney offers visitors and the stars are the city’s welcoming local neighbourhoods, vibrant energy, rich culture and buzzing night-time economy.
World-class dining, spectacular natural wonders, plus signature icons, beaches, and sunshine also feature, with 30 second and 15 second TV spots created to entice Australian travellers to rediscover and reenergise in the
Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney and Minister for Industry and Trade Stuart Ayres said the new campaign for Sydney sent a strong signal that the city was open for business and ready to welcome back visitors.
“Our Feel New Sydney campaign is inviting everyone back to our beloved city so they can experience it like never before,” Mr Ayres said.
“Sydney is the beating heart of our state and promises our visitors an experience unlike any other with the power to inspire and reinvigorate.”
Designed to be an extension to the recently launched Feel New brand which promotes travel and tourism to NSW, Feel New Sydney is set to a remixed version of the Feel New soundtrack, Nina Simone’s Feeling Good, re-recorded by NSW artist, Azure Ryder, and producer duo Breathe.
The spot juxtaposes the city’s culture and nightlife, natural attractions and experiences, and integrates a performance by Bangarra Dance Theatre and scenes from a drag show to showcase a city that entertains and transforms visitors.
Destination NSW Chief Executive Officer Steve Cox said that Feel New Sydney builds on the overarching NSW brand by revealing a unique persona for Sydney.
“Sydney is unlike any other city. It has a cosmopolitan, buzzing heart, full of every kind of cultural attraction and at the same time, a rich offering of natural wonders right on its doorstep to balance the big city experiences.
“Here you find a sunrise culture and an after-dark culture – from dusk to dawn Sydney is alive with things to do. Our new campaign brings that contrast to life perfectly,” Mr Cox said.
Some of Sydney’s top feelings-led experiences depicted in the Feel New Sydney TV creative include:
- Adventure – the exhilaration of diving through the waves at Freshwater Beach, skating the bowl with locals at Bondi Beach
- Escape – immersion in nature in Wendy Whiteley’s Secret Garden
- Connection – having senses sparked by Bangarra Dance Theatre
- Rejuvenation – the invigoration of feeling the cold sea water on your skin upon diving in for an early morning swim
- Awe – admiring the beauty of the Sydney Harbour and being captivated by the lighting of the sails at Vivid Sydney,
- Belonging – reconnecting with family and friends for lunch at The Boathouse Rose Bay
- Joy – the fun of celebration while watching fireworks over Sydney Harbour and singing the lyrics to your favourite song at a music concert at Carriageworks.
Feel New Sydney will be in-market from today, 1 December 2021, to 24 December 2021 through broadcast TV, cinema, catch-up TV, print and digital display.
The campaign rollout will be supported by a range of marketing and public relations activity, including a partnership with Universal Music to release Feeling Good by Azure Ryder, the music track featured in the Feel New and Feel New Sydney TV ads, via direct streaming platforms including Spotify and YouTube.
For more information visit your local travel advisor, or check out Sydney.com for travel inspiration and itineraries to make you #FeelNewSydney.
- EU removes Australia from ‘white list’ due to being ‘Covid danger zone’
- Open for tourism: Norway scraps mandatory quarantine for all travellers
- UK to lift travel testing requirements for vaccinated, ease rules for unvaccinated
- Celebrity Cruises invites guests to ‘Journey Wonderfull’ and explore Asia
- The Great Chimu Sale: Cool savings and the chance to WIN your way to Antarctica
Share this story