Never before has the 1st of June in New South Wales probably brought so much excitement! Aside from being the first day of Winter, this year’s historic date sees the lifting of statewide travel restrictions and the opportunity to reboot by holidaying freely again around the diversely beautiful state.
Not sure where to start planning your New South Wales adventure?
Destination NSW has today released its list of top NSW travel experiences, 213 Ways to Reboot 2020 in NSW, to help travellers can make the most of the 213 days that remain in the year since the travel ban lifting on 1 June.
Supporting the latest phase of the NSW Government’s tourism recovery campaign, Now’s The Time to Love NSW, the list of 213 NSW travel adventures depicts an array of diverse and unique experiences across the state, curated by the travel interest areas that have made NSW the number one Australian state for holidaymakers.
“The end of travel restrictions in NSW signals the start of an important new chapter for us to get out there and love NSW once again, to visit as many of the incredible towns, sights and experiences that the state offers,”
Steve Cox, Chief Executive Officer, Destination NSW
Launching on VisitNSW.com, 213 Ways to Reboot NSW in 2020, is the ultimate source of information and inspiration for anyone planning to travel within or to NSW, showcasing travel experiences which are continually ranked highly by global travel guides and travellers.
“Whether it is sailing on Sydney Harbour, hiking through the Blue Mountains, surfing in Byron Bay, diving with marine life on the South Coast, or drinking an award-winning drop from one of our 14 wine regions, people come to NSW from all over the world in search of the awe-inspiring adventures that are available to us right now in NSW.
“Now’s the time to get out there and make up for lost time – jump online and find the NSW adventures that are right for you, book them in and reboot your 2020,” Mr Cox said.
More than 102 NSW destinations, 131 operators, 37 hotels and other accommodations, 28 national parks, 19 animal encounters and more, feature as part of the stellar line-up.
Get ready to start planning your next trip from some of these incredible experiences, only in New South Wales.
Only in NSW
- Hire a yacht and sail on spectacular Sydney Harbour, stopping in at some of the harbour’s most beautiful beaches, accessible only by boat.
- Head to Bondi, Australia’s most famous beach, for a surf lesson and lunch at Icebergs Dining Room & Bar.
- Explore Lord Howe Island, home to the world’s southernmost coral reef, and endangered and endemic birdlife.
- Go stargazing and explore Australia’s first Dark Sky Park in the Warrumbungles.
- Swim with whales with Dive Jervis Bay, from August to November as whales make their way along ‘Humpback Highway’.
- Swim, snorkel and dive with seals in the crystal-clear waters of Jervis Bay and off the coast of Narooma, around Montague Island.
- Visit Australia’s only Koala Hospital in Port Macquarie, on NSW’s mid-North Coast, which treats around 250 sick and injured koalas a year.
- Make a splash in NSW’s iconic ocean pools – there are 100 along the coast.
- Go hiking in the Blue Mountains and snap a selfie in front of the Three Sisters.
- Find out if you have what it takes to make it down Australia’s longest ski run, Thredbo’s Crackenback Supertrail. Opening 24 June!
Food and Wine
- Dine under the sails of Sydney Opera House at Bennelong Restaurant and order chef Peter Gilmore’s stunning dessert, inspired by the iconic building itself.
- Enjoy freshly shucked Sydney Rock oysters straight from the farm gate on the NSW South Coast.
- Sip Australia’s most awarded Semillon at Tyrrell’s Winery in the Hunter Valley, Australia’s oldest wine region.
Art and Culture
- Watch the sunset at The Living Desert Sculptures in Broken Hill, an outdoor art collection of 12 sandstone sculptures created by artists from around the world.
- Explore the Art Gallery of New South Wales, one of the largest public galleries in Australia and home to 2,000+ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artworks.
- Discover Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) on the banks of the mighty Murray River in Albury.
- Change your life on NSW’s South Coast with an immersive cultural tour run by Ngaran Ngaran Cultural Awareness at Narooma – learn about the Yuin people and Dreamtime stories of Mount Gulaga.
- View the Walls of China in Mungo National Park in Outback NSW, dramatic formations sculpted by wind and erosion, where 36,000-year-old relics of ancient Aboriginal culture have been discovered.
- See Aboriginal rock art and hear Dreamtime stories about the culture and mythology of Mutawintji Historic Site near Broken Hill in outback NSW.
- Take a quad tour of the Stockton Sand Dunes with Sand Dune Adventures through Worimi land.
“213 Ways to Reboot 2020 in NSW list is a valuable resource to anyone wanting to reclaim 2020, offering travellers a different adventure for every single day that is left of this year,”
Steve Cox, Chief Executive Officer, Destination NSW
The launch of 213 Ways to Reboot 2020 in NSW coincides with a full campaign of activity including TV and social creative, NSW itineraries and international digital advertising.
Find out more: www.visitnsw.com/213adventures
This article was brought to you by:
Share this story