Hurtigruten Sep takeover sides
Hurtigruten Sep takeover sides

Good news: South Australia lockdown to end as planned

Great news, SA! South Australia will exit a week-long lockdown after no serious escalation in the number of COVID-19 cases in the state in the past 24 hours.

Great news, SA! South Australia will exit a week-long lockdown after no serious escalation in the number of COVID-19 cases in the state in the past 24 hours.

South Australians will be pleased to hear that they will be exiting their circuit breaker lockdown at 12:01am on Wednesday 28 July.

SA Premier Steven Marshall, says the state will need to have a “sensible pathway out”, so there will be a further week of restrictions in place.

These restrictions include:

  • Seated service on indoor and outdoor restaurants
  • The one person per 4 square metre rule
  • Limits household gatherings capped at 10 – including the people in the household 
  • Weddings and funerals capped at 50
  • Gyms can reopen, but there will be density limits 

Premier Steven Marshall said there hadn’t been much mask-use in the state, and he wants people to keep wearing masks after the lockdown lifts. 

“We want to do this right,” he said. 

The seven-day lockdown was imposed at 6pm last Tuesday.

“It is very clear to me that South Australians are taking this lockdown order very, very seriously,” Mr Marshall said on Sunday.

SA reported three new COVID-19 cases on Sunday but because they were all in quarantine there was no immediate threat to the lockdown exit timetable.

SA Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said one of the cases reported on Sunday was a returned traveller, a young child of a parent who had already tested positive.

There were two cases associated with the Modbury Hospital cluster, bringing the number of infections linked to that cluster to 18.

Source: AAP