Dusit International has confirmed it will reopen the dusitD2 Nairobi hotel where 21 people were killed – including four full-time hotel staff & two security guards – in an attack last month.

Working in solidarity with the local Kenya community, Dusit International hopes to resume operations of the dusitD2 Nairobi, which was closed indefinitely following the attack on 15 January 2019.

In a statement, the company said office buildings had reopened on 28 January with additional security measures “bolstering the internationally certified systems and procedures the complex already has in place”.

Following the reopening of most offices on 14 Riverside, please note that the hotel remains temporarily closed for renovations. #wewillbeback #WeStandStrong #weareunbowed🇰🇪

Posted by dusitD2 nairobi on Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Before the property reopens to guests in June 2019, Dusit International said it will enhance the property the ensure it’s a “beacon of comfort, convenience and safety”. Changes include the introduction of new dining concepts, and a series of community events.

“While we are still deeply affected by the recent events at the 14 Riverside complex, morale is high and everyone is pulling together to create a special return for the hotel.”

Lim Boon Kwee, Dusit International Chief Operating Officer

“As ever, the safety and well-being of our guests and employees remain our priority, and we will continue to have rigorous security procedures in place that contribute to the high levels of comfort and care for which we are known worldwide.”

 

READ: Bench Africa on tourism to Kenya post-attack

What are your thoughts on the property’s reopening?