Always fancied an outback adventure on the Ghan? Well, Journey Beyond has announced that the iconic rail journey will be adding 10 new departure dates in the new year, to help make your summer travel dreams a reality.
With built-up demand for travel and the 2022 season almost sold out, Journey Beyond says it has decided to operate the additional departures to help accommodate people eager to travel or re-book previously postponed journeys.
So, pack your bags because the Ghan will be hitting the tracks between Adelaide and Darwin in January with ten new departures.
The new dates are:
- Adelaide to Darwin: Sunday 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 January
- Darwin to Adelaide: Wednesday 5, 12, 19 and 26 January, and 2 February.
In addition to the new rail departure dates, three bespoke packages have been created to enhance guests’ rail experience further.
These packages include:
- Spirited Explorer— 8 days/7 nights, from $6640 per person, Gold Twin Cabin, includes:
- Two nights’ accommodation in Darwin including breakfast daily
- Chartered return flights aboard a Cessna aircraft to the Cobourg Peninsula
- Return transfers from Darwin hotel to Airport to meet the chartered flight
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Seven Spirit Bay, including all meals and activities
- Transfer from hotel to Darwin Rail Terminal
- 2 nights aboard The Ghan, Darwin to Adelaide, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs and Manguri
- Tropical Top End—6 days/5 nights, from $2245 per person, Gold Twin Cabin, includes:
- Three nights’ accommodation in Darwin, including breakfast daily
- One-day Litchfield National Park Waterfalls, including lunch and touring
- Transfer from your hotel to Darwin Rail Terminal
- Three days aboard the Ghan from Darwin to Adelaide, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs and Manguri.
- Enticing Adelaide—6 days/5 nights, from $2835 per person, Gold Twin Cabin, includes:
- Three days aboard The Ghan from Darwin to Adelaide, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs, and Manguri
- Transfer from Adelaide Parklands Terminal to your hotel
- Three nights’ accommodation in Adelaide, including breakfast daily
- One-day Taste the Barossa Premium Tour, a region known for its incredible Shiraz and other world-renowned wines.
Journey Beyond Chief Commercial Officer Peter Egglestone said guests of January departures could expect the usual hallmark hospitality, premium food and wine, and the excitement of travelling through Australia’s vast interior.
“We recognise people are eager to travel, and January is a time that typically suits holiday schedules,” Mr Egglestone said.
“Many people haven’t experienced the north during this time of year, and January and February are considered by those in the know as the most beautiful time in the Top End. Sunny days and afternoon rains that refresh the landscape, and the waterfalls are in full flow—it’s spectacular.”
“These dates are now available for booking, and based on The Ghan’s popularity and people’s keenness for travel, we don’t anticipate availability to last long,” Mr Egglestone concluded.
To enhance and protect guest wellbeing while travelling, Journey Beyond says it has integrated JourneySafe measures, including additional stringent cleaning and sanitising, new staff training, physical distancing and ‘fit for travel’ checks into all its rail journeys.
Click here for more information.
- Travelling to Fiji from Australia? Bula! Here’s your ultimate guide
- Bonza, mate: Airline commits to eight 737 Max’s in first year of flying
- Backpackers incoming! Pause on visa holders returning to Australia likely to end next week
- Save up to $8000: Viking’s ‘Welcome back to the world’ sale ends soon
- Virgin Australia launches new Gold Coast to Launceston and Cairns flights
Share this story