The Great Southern is set to return this summer, with the rail journey running for an extended twelve-week season from 2 December 2022 to 23 February 2023, plus a new offering called the Southern Wines & Wildlife package.
Journey Beyond has announced that the Great Southern will resume this summer, for an extended season, with a brand new Southern Wines & Wildlife package.
Travelling from Brisbane to Adelaide, guests on the Great Southern will wind down the coast, stopping in Coffs Harbour, the Hunter Valley, Port Stephens or Newcastle, and a choice of Melbourne city experiences or time in the Moorabool Valley.
Once in Adelaide, guests depart on a journey of discovery through South Australia’s wine region, followed by two nights on Kangaroo Island, exploring island life and a diverse array of spectacular natural sites and wildlife.
“We’re confident guests who take this journey on the Great Southern will enjoy their time both on board and on arrival in South Australia, as they discover some of the highlights the state has to offer,” said Peter Egglestone, Journey Beyond Chief Revenue Officer.
Departing Mondays from Brisbane, the 10-night Southern Wines & Wildlife rail holiday package includes:
- 3 nights aboard the Great Southern, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experiences in Coffs Harbour, the Hunter Valley region and Greater Melbourne
- Transfer from Adelaide Parklands Terminal to hotel
- 5 nights’ accommodation in Adelaide, including breakfast daily
- 1-day Northern Barossa Valley Voyager tour, including tastings and lunch
- The Iconic Penfolds Experience Tour, including a 3-course lunch with wine pairings
- Flight from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island, including transfers
- 2-night Kangaroo Island Life small group tour, including accommodation, most meals and personalised island touring
- 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 5 dinners
Highlights of this tour include cellar door tastings, a wildlife experience at Seal Bay Conservation Park, stops at Flinders Chase National Park and more.
The Great Southern Wines & Wildlife rail holiday package price starts from $6,760 per person.
For more information, head to www.journeybeyondrail.com.au
Share this story