Virgin Australia has announced it will re-introduce services from Sydney and Melbourne to Coffs Harbour from November with one-way economy sale fares ex Sydney from $45 and ex Melbourne from $85.
Virgin Australia will operate up to 21 return services each week between the cities, with Sydney-Coffs Harbour scheduled to take off on 11 November 2021, followed by the seasonal Melbourne service one week later on 18 November 2021, which will run until 25 April 2022.
- Sydney – Coffs Harbour/Coffs Harbour – Sydney will depart twice daily from November 11, 2021.
- While Melbourne – Coffs Harbour/Coffs Harbour – Melbourne will be a seasonal service only from November 18 until April 25, 2022.
Combined, the airline says the new services will provide over 14,500 seats per month to Coffs Harbour.
VA says the services will help to reunite friends and family during the festive and summer holiday season while providing a much-needed tourism boost to local Coffs Harbour businesses and helping more Virgin Australia crew return to the skies.
“Virgin Australia is thrilled to re-introduce services from Sydney and Melbourne to Coffs Harbour in time for the busy Christmas holiday period,” said Alistair Hartley, Virgin Australia Group Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer.
“The flights will provide a massive injection into the local tourism economy, not to mention allow more Virgin Australia team members to return to the skies, which they have dearly missed the past few months.
Virgin Australia says the will continue to waive applicable change fees and allowing unlimited changes for bookings for travel between now and 28 February 2022.
“And for the next six months, all Velocity Frequent Flyer members will receive up to 100 per cent bonus Status Credits when they fly on eligible bookings, so they’ll be able to snag a bargain airfare and be rewarded for their loyalty with up to twice as many Status Credits when they fly,” said Mr Hartley.
All fares can be booked at virginaustralia.com and include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double Status Credits as part of Velocity’s promotional bonus Status offer launched last month.
- Freedom! Qantas Melbourne to London flights from 6 November, Singapore to follow
- Qatar Airways to restart daily Sydney and Melbourne flights from 1 December
- Tassie domestic and International borders to open, quarantine-free on 15 December
- Quarantine-free travel to Singapore to happen in November, Bali by Christmas?
- Home: 11,000 Qantas & Jetstar Australian-based staff to return in December
Share this story