As humorous as some of the points below may seem, these are actual interview scenarios that have occurred during InPlace Recruitment’s Kristi Gomm’s 14 years of interviewing.
1. Don’t arrive with your takeaway coffee and donut in hand smelling of Smokey deodorant to cover that last cigarette you had down in the foyer.
2. Now we know that you are popular, but we don’t want to hear your phone beep every time your friend informs you what they had for Breakfast in their latest Facebook post.
3. Celtic symbols may be all the rage, but we don’t want to see your dedication to your children’s birth inked on your arm in this environment- put a long sleeved shirt!
4. So you haven’t done your homework and don’t know a thing about our company – well….fake it! At least try to pretend you have done some sort of research or grab a flyer on your way in!
5. We don’t care if your car was stolen and a tree fell on the train tracks – arrive here on time. Leave early to ensure you are not delayed.
6. Yes, we do offer free Gym Membership to all employees and we finish at 5pm but don’t focus on the hours or perks of this role before you even get the job!
7. So it says on your resume you worked at XYZ from 2013-2014 were you there for a month or 2 years? – Don’t stretch the truth!
8. “Extra” is a great brand of Chewing Gum – However we don’t want to see it when you answer our questions! – Save it for the weekend!
9. We are sure your past employer had their down falls, but we are not the people to discuss them with.
10.……………….And no our receptionist doesn’t want to go to dinner with you!
So if you want to be taken seriously at your next job interview ensure you don’t adopt any of these bad habits!
Have you encountered some of these bad habits? Share your experience in the comments section or tweet us @karryontravel
Share this story