Who’s ready to take off on New Zealand’s only Heli-Snowmobile adventure? Winter = Heli-Snowmobile in Queenstown: Quite possibly the most epic fun you can have on snow.
Imagine zooming around the Southern Alps (aka Middle Earth) on fresh snow with stops along the way to absorb the amazing views of the surrounding mountains and beyond?
That’s after you’ve flown in like James Bond by helicopter. Oh yeah!
This two and a half hour ultimate snow experience, apart from being unique, is also currently available at discounted rates for this winter season.
The adventure includes a return 15-minute jaw-dropping helicopter flight with Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters over the spectacular Southern Alps to the snowmobiles’ exclusive location – the Garvie Plateau behind The Remarkables.
Once you’re up on the plateau, around 6000 metres above sea level and marvelling at the insane views, you’ll then hop onto one of only six snowmobiles and set off in convoy with a guide to zoom around the winter wonderland plateau for 90 minutes, stopping at scenic locations for photo opportunities along the way.
Never ridden a snowmobile? No worries. The trip is fully guided, and there’s no previous experience required for this joyride of a lifetime.
Included in the experience are all the snowy overgarments you’ll need to keep you dry and warm with a helmet and snow boots.
This is a flexible trip of two and a half hours, which you can add to a half-day of skiing, an epic team building event at Oxbow Adventure Co*, or a luxurious overnight experience at Ben Nevis Station*. Activities at Ben Nevis include clay-bird shooting, horse riding, buggy riding and much more.
It is also a fantastic family experience as children aged between 4 -16 can go too, riding as pillion passengers.
The trip can take six people per helicopter by allowing additional guests as pillion passengers with up to 11 passengers per departure.
- Two and a half hour trip including return helicopter flights, guided snowmobile ride and all equipment
- By arrangement, there’s also a return courtesy transfer included, which will pick you up from central Queenstown or directly from your accommodation and take you to the helicopter base located near Queenstown airport
- The trip operates daily from June – October 2021
- Three trips depart a day: 9am, 11.30am and 2pm
- Price: Adult (15 years +) NZ$795 (Was NZ$1,025), Child (6-14) NZ$700 (Was NZ$750)
- Find out more: queenstownsnowmobiles.co.nz
Share this story