With the Northern Territory borders open and the chance to roam free once more, there’s never been a better time to discover the rich culture, untamed wilderness, and unique adventures that the NT has to offer. Not sure where to start? Viva Holidays has you covered!
The NT is open for travel once again (woohoo!), and whatever you want from your holiday, we can assure you that The Territory has the answer and is ready to welcome you with open hearts.
Offering unparalleled freedom and flexibility – something we have all been craving recently – The Territory is a destination that delivers adventure, escape, and endless opportunities to re-connect with friends, family and nature.
Whether you are are looking for somewhere to relax, get away from the ‘real world’, immerse yourself in the local culture, channel your inner survivalist, spot unique wildlife, or simply hang out in the sunshine, The Territory will definitely not disappoint.
The Territory’s locals, characters and culture are all about celebrating mateship, and they’re ready to, quite literally, roll out the red carpet for you.
Here are 3 unique adventures to inspire wanderlust and get you experiencing the wonders of the NT:
1. Explore Darwin with a unique city stay
Darwin is a fantastic place to start if you fancy a quick taster of the tropical NT, with fewer crowds than usual.
Darwin encapsulates a laid-back atmosphere and multiculturalism unique to the Northern Territory. Edged with palm trees and boasting a shimmering blue ocean, the city really is a little slice of paradise.
Whether you’re up for relaxing or exploring, the exciting blend of markets, museums, nightlife, and natural attractions make Darwin a fascinating destination in itself to do everything.
- Includes: 3 nights at Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin in a Hotel Room City View ★★★★✩
- Half-day Darwin City Sights tour visiting the Botanic Gardens, Chinese Temple, East Point Military Precinct, Stokes Hill Wharf, Art Gallery of the Northern Territory and Darwin Aviation Museum.
- 3 nights per person from $199 (Twin Share)
- Find out more here
2. Experience Uluru, Kata Tjuta & Kings Canyon and then relax at Sails in the Desert
Uluru, Kata Tjuta & Kings Canyon all hold wondrous magic that cannot be described.
As the spiritual heart of Australia, Uluru and Kata Tjuta have a strong cultural history ingrained in each experience. Choose to explore the base on foot with an Indigenous guide, listening to stories and marvelling at the raw beauty of your surroundings, or experience the world-famous Field of Light art installation, by Bruce Munro.
Kings Canyon is a little further away, but totally worth the journey. Here you can challenge yourself on the Rim Walk and take in the majestic views.
- Includes: 3 nights at Sails In The Desert in a Superior Room ★★★★★
- Sounds of Silence experience including Canapés and sparkling wine, 3-course dinner, Guided tour of the night sky, Didgeridoo performance, Uluru Sunrise & Field of Light including refreshments.
- Return airport transfers
- Complimentary Indigenous guest activities program, WIFI, car parking & resort shuttle
- 3 nights per person from $719 (Twin Share)
- Find out more here
3. Sleep under the stars with views of Uluru, at the luxury campsite, Longitude 131º
Bucket list experiences are synonymous with the Territory and if your clients are after something really special, we’ve got the perfect experience.
With views looking directly at Uluru and across the desert to Kata Tjuta, Longitude 131˚ is Australia’s most celebrated luxury camp.
Dotted among the red-rust dunes of the Central Desert are sixteen tented pavilions, each offering connection with the vivid outback landscape and the sparkling night sky.
- Includes: 3 nights at Longitude 131º in a Luxury Tent
- All dining with Open bar with French Champagne, premium wines and spirits
- Signature experiences including Uluru Sunset, Field of Light and Mala Walk & Kantju Gorge
- Exclusive Dune Top dinner for two on one evening of stay
- Exclusive $100 per person Spa Kinara credit
- Exclusive 15-minute Uluru helicopter flight for two
- Return airport transfers from Ayers Rock Airport
- 3 nights per person from $4,589 (Twin Share)
- Find out more here
It is time to move the NT from your ‘one-day’ list to the best place to be right now.
Want more amazing Northern Territory experiences? Head to vivaholidays.com.au/packages/the-territory-is-the-answer
Brought to you by:
Hero image: Uluru sunrise. © Tourism NT
Share this story