Hamilton Island is the ultimate playground for sailing enthusiasts, honeymooners, and adventure seekers, Hamilton Island is also the ideal location for the perfect family holiday.
Children of all ages are well-catered for across Hamilton Island, with an abundance of family friendly activities and accommodation options in close proximity, all designed to showcase the best of the Whitsundays.
Travellers can choose from a range of excursions, outings, experiences and tours with options to suit every family’s budget (including many free).
- A half or full day excursion to beautiful Whitehaven Beach by high speed catamaran.
- Snorkel the stunning Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest coral reef and home to hundreds of species of coral and marine life.
- Have breakfast with koalas at WILD LIFE Hamilton Island and meet kangaroos, crocodiles and other Australian wildlife.
- Take the family bush walking on one of the Island’s many walking tracks. Venture to secluded beaches and coves, or take the Passage Peak challenge and be rewarded with breathtaking views.
- Relax with a book on Catseye Beach, join in a game of beach volleyball, or take a kayak or paddle board out across the bay’s crystal waters.
- Book in for some family fun with go-kart racing, bowling, mini golf, jet skiing, or dinghy hire.
- Take a picnic and experience an unforgettable sunset from One Tree Hill lookout.
Clare Rushby, Reservations and Charter Manager at Whitsunday Holidays – The Hamilton Island and Whitsunday Holiday specialists – has intimate knowledge of all Hamilton Island has to offer, having lived there for seven years. These days, with two children, she resides on the Mainland, but recently returned for a family holiday with her husband, son (3 years) and daughter (1 year).
Clare’s holiday experience as a mother of two toddlers has given greater insight as to why Hamilton Island is the perfect family holiday destination, describing her recent trip as one of the best family holiday’s she’d ever had.
Clare took full advantage of Hamilton Island’s well spaced facilities and amenities. “We had everything at our fingertips. We were directly opposite the beach and had a choice of five nearby swimming pools, so we could coordinate nap times with ease”
“I highly recommend Hamilton Island as a safe, family-friendly holiday destination. I didn’t think my husband and I would be so relaxed with two little ones, but it was all too easy.”
Clare Rushby, Reservations and Charter Manager at Whitsunday Holidays
What’s your top family holiday destination in Australia?
Share this story