On a scale of 1 to OMG-pick-me, how exciting would it feel to go to work everyday knowing you were helping connect travellers to exciting tourism operators to live out their bucket list adventures? If you’re whooping “OMG” right now, you’ll want to find out more about Big Red Group’s exciting Cairns-based Market Manager role.
This isn’t just a job. This is a chance to join an award-winning company and help them shift the way people experience life. So, what do you need to know?
About Big Red Group
Big Red Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest experience network, helping connect travellers to more than 3,000 experience operators. While you may not have heard of Big Red Group before, you’ll certainly know their industry-leading platform and domestic marketplaces: RedBalloon, Experience Oz, Adrenaline, and Everything NZ.
See, very familiar!
Australian-owned, Big Red Group enables the wholesale distribution of incredible experiences using a suite of software products and services that support experience operators to grow their business. In the world of ‘stories over stuff’ and ‘doing it for the plot’, Big Red Group are keen enablers!
Big Red Group help the AJ Hackett’s of the world get to the next level with their tourism business. For the local providers who think “why not” when they come up with a cool (or crazy) tourism venture, they relish the support they receive.
And now Big Red Group would like to enable you to take your career to the next level with their Cairn’s-based Market Manager role. If helping people ‘shift the way people experience life’ aligns for you, keep reading.
What you’ll need to apply:
- You’ll bring 5+ years of proven success in market management, key accounts, business development, or business management.
- Be an expert in strategic negotiations, joint business plans, and solutions-based selling.
- Be amped and excited to drive growth strategies for Big Red Group and suppliers.
- Have a track record of closing complex deals and partnering with marketing for impactful outcomes.
- Be an industry influencer who is passionate about educating, coaching, and guiding suppliers to drive engagement and adoption of BRG’s sustainability and accessibility strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- As the Market Manager for Tropical North Queensland, based in Cairns, you‘ll own your market, developing and executing strategic commercial plans that drive growth and innovation.
- You’ll be responsible for the retention and growth of existing suppliers, while also driving acquisition of new experiences across BRG’s leading brand portfolio.
- You will leverage BRG’s network of products and services, building joint business plans, growing mutually beneficial strategic partnerships, and negotiating commercial deals.
- You’ll thrive being in market, spending 50% of your time partnering with suppliers while also experiencing some of the best activities across Cairns and Far North Queensland.
- You will thrive in a commercial environment, with the ability to flex with ease from strategy to execution with a dedicated team of operations executives working hard behind the scenes to enable you and BRG’s suppliers.
- You‘ll be the face of the Big Red Group brands with a strong understanding of the market dynamics, competitive landscape, pricing, and strategic opportunities.
Why work for Big Red Group?
If you thought you were keen on the role to this point, read on to discover how dedicated Big Red Group is to providing their crew with a workplace they choose to return to every day.
- Community Big Red Group have a solid environmental, social, and governance commitments which include paid community days, weekly community in-office lunches, and volunteering opportunities. Fast Company recognised Big Red Group as one of 2021’s Brands that matter’.
- Connection You’ll connect with the crew at organised experiences, quarterly roadshows, offsite gigs, plus social and sports events.
- Investing in Big Red Group are committed to investing in you. You have 30 days per annum to work anywhere, leadership development opportunities, access to mentors and Talent Academy, paid parental leave, plus wellness support.
- Your workplace Enjoy a hybrid flexible workplace. Big Red Group has offices in Sydney and the Gold Coast and netted the 2022 AFR Best Place to Work award, plus 2021 Australian Employer of choice. Big Red Group is one of Australia’s top 20% most engaged workplaces!
This article was brought to you by:
Share this story