Empty pixels side lock up
Empty pixels side lock up

Industry HQ

Share this article

Win a Singapore trip! STB targets Aussie first-timers to visit via social campaign & competition

Singapore Tourism Board Oceania launched a new social media campaign and competition inviting Aussie first-timers or repeat visitors to 'Find Yourself in Singapore' plus six lucky winners will also nab a trip to the island city-state.

Singapore Tourism Board Oceania launched a new social media campaign and competition inviting Aussie first-timers or repeat visitors to ‘Find Yourself in Singapore’ plus six lucky winners will also nab a trip to the island city-state.

STB’s new campaign is led by a 30-second spot on Instagram and TikTok that features a miniature figurine of campaign ambassador and Australian comedian Jimmy Rees in iconic locations.

Known for his humorous social media takes on professional and state stereotypes (along with a stint as ABC Kids’ Jimmy Giggle), audiences can follow a 3D-printed Rees around the city, inviting Australians who have never been to share their reasons for wanting to visit in 25 words or less by 17 January 2024. 

Six lucky participants will win a Singapore trip and have miniature figurines made, which will be placed at various locations around the city-state so they can find themselves (and their mini-me) there.

Using clues from Rees, there’s also the chance to win prizes by correctly guessing where the figurines are and why they want to visit that location.

Like the comp winners, Rees will also follow his mini-me to visit the city-state for the first time. 

“I have heard so many amazing things from friends who have visited, yet I’ve somehow never left Changi Airport!” he said.

Australia is a key market for Singapore, recovering 95 per cent of 2019’s visitor arrivals from January to August 2023.

STB’s Executive Director, International Group & Oceania Oliver Chong, said the latest campaign showcases the destination in a fun and unexpected way for both repeat visitors and those who haven’t been yet.

“We hope it inspires them to move Singapore to the top of their travel list,” he said.

STB debuted the first in the new series last September with a global campaign.

For more info, head to visitsingapore.com