You’re in travel. You know how thrilling it is to try new ventures, from white water rafting to scenic flights to bungee jumping. What would you say if we told you there’s a position available that connects you, travellers, and those exciting tourism operators? If it’s an all-caps YES, you’ll love Big Red Group’s NSW Market Manager role!
This is more than just a job, it’s a chance to be the face of Big Red Group (BRG) in NSW and ACT and help them fulfil their mission of shifting the way people experience life.
Not just that, you’ll be working for a company committed to their crew. BRG has received awards and accolades including the 2022 AFR Best Place to Work, 2021 Australian Employer of choice, and they were listed on Fast Company’s Brands That Matter.
About Big Red Group
Big Red Group is the largest experience network in Australia and New Zealand, connecting travellers to over 3,000 experience operators.
Australian owned, Big Red Group operates an industry-leading platform, enabling the wholesale distribution of experiences through domestic and international partners through a suite of software products.
You know their domestic marketplace brands: RedBalloon, Adrenaline, Experience Oz, and Everything NZ. They also have a suite of software products and services to support experience operators grow their businesses.
If you know (and love to share) the benefits of stories over stuff, you’ll love joining Big Red Group as they continue to grow their brand.
What you’ll need to apply:
- You’ll bring 8+ years of proven success in market management, key accounts, business development, or business management.
- Be an expert in strategic negotiations, joint business plans, and solutions-based selling.
- Be amped and excited to drive growth strategies for Big Red Group and suppliers.
- Have a track record of closing complex deals and partnering with marketing for impactful outcomes.
- Be an industry influencer who is passionate about educating, coaching, and guiding suppliers to drive engagement and adoption of BRG’s sustainability and accessibility strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- As the Market Manager for NSW and ACT, you‘ll own your market, developing and executing strategic commercial plans that drive growth and innovation.
- You’ll be responsible for the retention and growth of existing suppliers, while also driving acquisition of new experiences across BRG’s leading brand portfolio.
- You will leverage BRG’s network of products and services, building joint business plans, growing mutually beneficial strategic partnerships, and negotiating commercial deals.
- You’ll thrive being in market, spending 50% of your time partnering with suppliers while also experiencing some of the best activities across NSW and ACT.
- You will thrive in a commercial environment, with the ability to flex with ease from strategy to execution with a dedicated team of operations executives working hard behind the scenes to enable you and BRG’s suppliers.
- You‘ll be the face of the Big Red Group brands with a strong understanding of the market dynamics, competitive landscape, pricing, and strategic opportunities.
Why work for Big Red Group?
Sounds pretty epic, yeah? Well, it gets better! Big Red Group is dedicated to providing their crew with a workplace they choose to return to every day.
Here’s how they do that:
- Community Big Red Group have a solid environmental, social, and governance commitments which include paid community days, weekly community in-office lunches, and volunteering opportunities.
- Connection You’ll connect with the crew at organised experiences, quarterly roadshows, offsite gigs, plus social and sports events.
- Investing in you Big Red Group are committed to investing in you. You have 30 days per annum to work anywhere, leadership development opportunities, access to mentors and Talent Academy, paid parental leave, plus wellness support.
- Your workplace Enjoy a hybrid flexible workplace. Big Red Group has offices in Sydney and the Gold Coast and is one of Australia’s top 20% most engaged workplaces.
This article was brought to you by:
Share this story