Industry HQ

Share this article

2024 Viking Explorer Sessions: potentially 3x your income! 

Were you one of 2023’s savvy agents who took advantage of the Viking Explorer Sessions to grow your business and commissions? We heard some of you tripled your Viking® sales off the back of the event, so GO YOU. Keen to do the same? You’ll be stoked to know Explorer Sessions are back for 2024 and you and your clients are invited!  

Were you one of 2023’s savvy agents who took advantage of the Viking Explorer Sessions to grow your business and commissions? We heard some of you tripled your Viking® sales off the back of the event, so GO YOU. Keen to do the same? You’ll be stoked to know Explorer Sessions are back for 2024 and you and your clients are invited!  

After such overwhelmingly positive feedback in 2023, award-winning Viking has revamped their programme for a deeper dive for participating agents. So even if you did attend last year and reap the rewards, there are even more spoils to receive from attending again!  

With 12 strategically crafted sessions – think French riverway cruising, Scandinavian ocean voyages, and dreamy once-in-a-lifetime adventures – they’ve got a trip to suit your client’s aspirations. Every Explorer Sessions element is geared towards giving you the tools for higher conversions and surpass your 2023 sales successes. 

Registrations open now 

Kicking off at the end of February, Viking is ready for your registrations. Touring six major cities, it’s easy to up your Viking know-how with their Explorer Sessions.  

Find the event closest to you: 

• Sydney Tuesday 27 February at the Fullerton Hotel 
  • Melbourne Thursday 29 February at the Ritz-Carlton 
  • Adelaide Thursday 7 March at the Hilton Adelaide 
  • Brisbane Tuesday 12 March at the Convention & Exhibition Centre 
  • Gold Coast Thursday 14 March at the Hilton, Surfers Paradise 
  • Perth Thursday 21 March at the Crown Perth 

New for 2024 

Explorer Sessions
The 11:30 am Explorer Sessions time slot is perfect if a Danube River cruise is of interest. ©Viking

These complimentary Explorer Sessions are the perfect opportunity for you and your clients to learn about travelling with Viking across seven continents. It’s a place of inspiration for the next voyage and to discover what makes Viking’s award-winning river, ocean, and expedition journeys so special. 

Viking Managing Director ANZ, Michelle Black said, “Based on feedback, we’ve added several new sessions to the 2024 agenda. Our Introduction to Viking session is perfect for those new to Viking, covering the difference between our ocean, river and expedition voyages and what life is like on board.” 

Debbie Eyers from Flight Centre Narellan shared, “I recommend these sessions to all my clients who are looking at doing something a little bit different. To me, having that boutique experience and personal service makes selling a lot easier.”  

Attend the sessions that suit 

Explorer Sessions
Clients curious about polar expedition cruising? They’ll learn why Viking does it best at the Explorer Sessions. ©Viking

For special destination and voyage style interests, attend the relevant Explorer Sessions. Choose one, a few or all the talks, dependent on relevance. 

“Agents and their guests can spend less time in sessions they don’t need, making a decision on their next trip more informed and easier,” said Ms. Black. 

Alongside discovering why Viking is such a unique player on the world’s waterways, attendees will enjoy morning tea, drinks and canapés before each session. There’ll be ample opportunities for networking, too.  

“My clients loved the presentations and enjoyed the chance to chat with other travellers. The information presented is ideal for anyone planning to cruise and is very effective in converting enquiries to bookings.” Ros Chapman, YOU Travel.

The best event ‘goodies’

Explorer Sessions
Let the experts share why Viking are the experts on the world’s waterways. ©Viking

Forget a goodie bag with *another* pen and a squeezy ball you’ll never use, when you attend Viking Explorer Sessions, you’ll leave with a greater understanding of Viking and some extra commissions to boot.  

And your clients? Inspiration to book and an exclusive offer encouraging them to secure their preferred dates and itinerary with you.  

“Guests I invited to the session made a booking on the spot. Viking’s presentation reassured them that now is a good time to start planning.” Roland Kautzky, Travel Associates Toorak. 

Here’s the Explorer Sessions schedule: 

• 10:00 am Introduction to Viking; European River Journeys; and Scandinavia and Northern Europe 
  • 11:30 am European river journeys – Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers; Mediterranean Ocean voyages; and Unique Destinations (for Previous Viking guests) 
  • 1:00 pm European River Journeys – France and Portugal; Polar Expeditions; and Ocean voyages – Asia, Australia, NZ and The Americas 
  • 6:30 pm The best of Viking’s river journeys; Introduction to Viking; and the best of Viking’s Ocean Voyages 

While the relaxed pace of a Viking river cruise is perfect on vacay, for these events, a speedier pace is required for your Explorer Session registration. Availability is limited and places are expected to fill fast. 

Bringing your clients? If you register on behalf of them, list yourself as their preferred agent for accuracy in the correct attribution of client bookings. 

“I recently attended one of the Viking Explorer Sessions. I had a great response from my database of clients, I absolutely love how Viking advocates for agents. My clients also really enjoyed the sessions, and I was delighted to have first-time cruising clients make a booking.” Kim Mildon, Travel Managers New Zealand.

Discover more

“It is well worth your time to get involved. I have 2 confirmed bookings from customers who have paid deposits today.” Jason Kroupa, Kroupa & Bourke House of Travel.

Be like Jason and register for Viking’s 2024 Explorer Sessions now. To sign up, visit vikingcruises.com.au/infosessions. 

Bringing a crew? Email infosessions.anz@viking.com for group bookings of four or more.  

This article is brought to you by:

VIKING 4C