Industry HQ

Share this article

AFTA Board: David Padman resigns after a decade as Director

After a 10-year tenure as an Australian Federation of Travel Agents Director, David Padman has announced his resignation from the AFTA Board, the service of which he said was a pleasure.

After a 10-year tenure as an Australian Federation of Travel Agents Director, David Padman has announced his resignation from the AFTA Board, the service of which he said was a pleasure.

“I’m incredibly proud to have been involved in the impressive achievements of our member-driven organisation, particularly over the last three years, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to represent travel agencies for a decade,” Mr Padman said.

“I’m pleased to see both AFTA and AFTA members continuing to drive discussion with government at every level, with industry and with consumers on the increasingly important role travel professionals are playing in the new travel landscape.

“I warmly thank my fellow Directors for their support, mentoring and most of all their friendship, especially given the impact the pandemic had on us all. This experience has been immensely rewarding on both a professional and personal level.”

Tom Manwaring, AFTA chair
AFTA Chair Tom Manwaring.

Of Mr Padman’s tenure, AFTA Chair Tom Manwaring said: “On behalf of the AFTA Board, our members and the AFTA team, I thank David for his advocacy for agents, dedication and drive in his capacity as Director since 2012.”

“David played a key role in championing the inherent value and increasing importance of travel professionals in the eyes of so many stakeholders and will be missed. We wish him only the very best and ongoing success in his next role.”

Mr Padman will continue to serve as a Director until 27 September 2022 concurrent with his resignation and departure from Helloworld Travel. Helloworld Travel will nominate a candidate to fill the Board seat in due course.

Former Director Julie Primmer also departed the AFTA Board in August after a decade of service.

To find out more, visit afta.com.au